Prospect Park and The Mansion House - Added to Historic Buildings in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Plenty of parking in or around the park. Dense woodland at the top, so probably best to fly the drone from the open areas at the foot of the hill, which are wide open spaces.

The Mansion House has an interesting history and is an iconic and well known building in West Reading. Some

Prospect Park is a public park situated north of the A4 (Bath Road) in the western suburbs of Reading.
It is the largest park in Reading, and includes a large regency style house, known as The Mansion House (previously as Prospect House). There are also sporting facilities and the Prospect Park Miniature Railway within the 50 hectares (120 acres) of parkland, and a Harvester restaurant in the Mansion House.

https://g.co/kgs/ZF6xj7t

More info here: Prospect Park, Reading - Wikipedia

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 19/04/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

6 Likes

Just around the corner from me, many a time I’ve walked in there & pretty much crawled out of there after a session :face_with_head_bandage:
@apreading did you know this was a pub & restaurant as well ? Would have been a good addition to add to your drone scene entry I’ll post a link below.

Good suggestion - I cant work out how to edit the entry though… Cant find an edit button on Dronescene or greyarrows!

1 Like

Also - if you watch the video you can just see there is a table and 4 chairs on the roof and I think 3 people sitting around it - I assume members of staff on their break up there…? Totally hidden from the public!

1 Like

Post your required edit below, and we’ll get it done. :+1:

How about this? Thanks:

Plenty of parking in or around the park. Dense woodland at the top, so probably best to fly the drone from the open areas at the foot of the hill, which are wide open spaces.

The Mansion House has an interesting history and is an iconic and well known building in West Reading. Some

Prospect Park is a public park situated north of the A4 (Bath Road) in the western suburbs of Reading.
It is the largest park in Reading, and includes a large regency style house, known as The Mansion House (previously as Prospect House). There are also sporting facilities and the Prospect Park Miniature Railway within the 50 hectares (120 acres) of parkland, and a Harvester restaurant in the Mansion House.

More info here: Prospect Park, Reading - Wikipedia

1 Like

Done. :+1:

I did try to look on the video, in the summer it’s jam packed lots & lots of tables etc & well visible to the public, I’m guessing they’ve took everything in due to the wether we’ve had maybe,
A good mate of mine a sparky does the electrics there & hates it in the basement & says it’s very very spooky, some say it’s haunted !
Also there is a pond / lake nearby & years ago we was told about the lady in the lake could sometimes be seen :ghost: I visited a few times & never see no ghosts, there may be something on Google about it !

See here at around 2:43 in the video - 3 people at a table on the roof…!

1 Like

I funny feeling that maybe the staff but well spotted :face_with_monocle: