Richmond Park Flying Field - Added to Forests and Trees in London

Hi there… Haven’t seen an organized meetup in the region yet, but I’m flying at nearby places and so is @Rapha_43 … Richmond is a nice place, but tbh, unless you’re flying a >250 than you’re probably better off flying the local parks and greens. Its a hit and miss in Richmond since if there are deers close by you can’t fly, and if you do you can be sure the police will approach you shortly as they have a bunch of monitoring over there…

Without hijacking the thread, if you’re interested, we will fly tomorrow in Boston Manor at around 2pm… (PM if you can/want to join)

1 Like

Regarding the use of Goggles in Richmond… I don’t think they are strict about that. The cops actually stopped by whilst we were flying (not for us, for a dog walker instead) and they didn’t bat an eye at us. Chances are as long as you follow the rules, you should be fine with goggles.

New to the website/drones and not sure the best place to post this.

Wondered if many people fly in Richmond Park?

1 Like

@liberfly I’ve moved your post to an existing thread on flying at Richmond Park.

Have a read :slight_smile:

Hi, new to the site and drones. Are you still flying round the Richmod area?

Hi and welcome to the club :slight_smile:

I only flew there the one time. Flying FPV there isn’t much fun, unless one spread some gates and have a bit of racing fun (which I don’t have any). Mavic type drones might be something different, you could probably get some nice shots there.

Thanks!

Are there any drone meet ups in West London?

I only know a group for FPV, if thats what you’re flying I can hook you up

The only thing that bugs me with the rules regarding vlos and orientation of the drone is, How exactly does the spotter relay the orientation of the drone to the operator ? “ Hey Bob, your drone is about 50m away and oriented in a south westerly direction at a 30 degree angle upwards” By the time he’s relayed such info, the drone is now 150m away, heading North. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

No, I don’t fly fpv.

Thanks anyway!

I want to fly here @CaptainAdrona, but there are no parking or take off and landing markers. Would you be able to add some to the map please?