Shaw House Berkshire - Added to Historic Buildings in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Shaw house west Berkshire Newbury,
Elizabethan Mansion built in 1851, now serves other purposes which I shall attach link / history, I went here on a Saturday evening just before sunset & sat outside before I got the drone up just staring at the buildings character & surroundings, TOAL is easy & building was closed when visited,
I know this area very well & is lovely on a nice day, there is a church to the left & a further few hundred yards to the left is a leisure centre, was very quiet & peaceful but I do know it can get busy in & around with public, dog walkers etc, when your facing the building a couple of hundred yards behind you is an opening which takes you in to some woodland / park that runs alongside the A34, there are benches in there for seating & a couple of people just chilling out, gorgeous surroundings well worth a visit & there’s plenty of parking spaces as well.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 22/06/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes