St Hubert's. Idsworth - Added to Historic Buildings in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 612

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Park in the rough layby at the bottom of the path leading to the church, be careful not to obstruct the gate. It was only when I planned this flight that I learnt the name of the Saxon church, I've always known it as "The Little Church on the Prairie". It is 30 years short of a thousand years old and is fairly plain inside although it once would have had paintings on all four walls - there is a fragment of a preserved painting on the north wall. The church is still an active place of worship.A footpath runs alongside and it seems to be popular with walkers. The main London to Portsmouth railway line runs along the valley floor, a good place to see 8 and 12 coach trains every half hour or so, interspersed with local services

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 10/01/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

1 Like