St Peters Seminary, Cardross - Added to Places of Worship in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Access can be tricky and might take a little driving/walking about. On the day I visited the gates were unlocked so I had easy access to drive along the very narrow access road that goes through the golf course :wink:
An absolutely amazing place, very atmospheric, and a little nerve jangling. Now covered in graffiti it used to be used for training those wanting to join the priesthood. If you're into photography or fpv there are so many areas and angles to explore, you could seriously lose a day or two in here, and want to return within a week.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 29/05/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Some further pics, not mine. They come from Kyle Urbex and he’s given me permission to post them here. His insta site is Kyle Urbex @group-fpv youll love this place

4 Likes

That second to last picture reminds me of gridworks. Powerloop/Matty flip heaven. So many potential lines there. :slight_smile:

Need to make a trip Northwards I guess.

I would ideally like to get my bike as near to the site as possible. Google maps shows two potential entry points, is the primary way in the Carman Road side or the Barrs Road side?

I usually go via Barrs Rd, always miss turn when trying Carman Rd.

Carman road side is blocked at present and no easy place to park vehicle. 55.970087,-4.651381 has a space for one vehicle and a ten minute walk, but i chanced it and drove along the track, through two unlocked and open gates