Stanley Park - Added to Parks and Recreation in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Plenty of parking areas around the park. The park can get very busy with people so you need to consider this. Best to plan an early visit when there are few people around. I have read that you aren't meant to take off from within the park, I didn't see that notice and there was no one around who challenged me at the time.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 21/04/2018. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the additions this evening @markas :+1:t2:

Make sure you takeoff and land outside the park…

…though I admit I only noticed the sign on my way out of the park after a couple of flights, and no-one had complained.

1 Like

.I fly there often with no problems. ((Is that temping fate?).

Possibly. Though to give them their credit at least they seem to understand they dont own the airspace, perhaps they can pass that much on to EH and NT

There is a field across the road from the park (near to the hospital, next to the zoo) “Lawsons field” that is regularly used for FPV flying, also be careful because the South end of the park is bordering the airport NFZ…