Weddell sound Orkney site of scuttled German Fleet - Added to Iconic Landscapes and Ancient Sites in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

There is an area at the either end of the Churchill Barrier to park your car and TOAL

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 17/04/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Congratulations, Malcolm, on adding the most northerly location added to Drone Scene … so far!. :clap:

2 Likes

Well done! Pipped at the post; I’m heading to Orkney this coming week and thought I might be making the most northerly post here :joy:

2 Likes

Am off to Shetland on Saturday so weather permitting watch this space

1 Like

I’ll be impressed if you manage to place a pin on Drone Scene in the Shetlands … the Drone Scene map doesn’t go that far. :wink:

Damn that’s a bit of a bugger, maybe a rethink is in order then, (just being greedy here) :wink::blush::joy:

I’ve flown here too @Damocles :grin:

1 Like

I’ve just added a new Parking marker to this location @Damocles :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @Damocles :slightly_smiling_face: