Weobly Castle - Added to Castles and Fortifications in Wales

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission obtained.

This is a privately owned estate and whilst a flight, with line of sight, is entirely possible from public land I asked, and was granted, permission to fly my drone.

The grounds have limited opening hours so best check beforehand but on a sunny day it is a gorgeous place to stop and eat your picnic whilst overlooking the river Loughor as it exits into the Bristol channel. There isn't much parking available, either in or outside, but if it's your fancy, then there is an attached camping ground.

Be aware the entire peninsular is deemed an area of outstanding natural beauty and many areas are considered SSSI's so fly with caution and consideration.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 13/05/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

I was so happy to be back out with my drone …

2 Likes

I’ve flown here too @stubbyd :grin:

1 Like

We paid our ÂŁ4 each entry, The gentleman we spoke to was more than happy to let us fly over and take some shots. Amazing views and a very interesting site.

1 Like

Yes - I spotted your video! My mate has a house about a mile or so from it but you live closer on a day to day basis than I do :slight_smile:

Good to see they are still allowing folks to do so. I love meeting folks and finding out that if we only ask then most times the answer is yes.

1 Like

I cannot see this thread title without reading “Wobbly Castle”.

I know lol :joy: I still call it that