Willington Power Station - Added to Everything Else in East Midlands

And me!

1 Like

Donā€™t jump john. Liverpool will get a goal.

Sooner or later

1 Like

I can hold my breath for a long time :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Ahh Willington. I take sunset photos 50m straight up from my house and get a view of the cooling towers in the distance.

2 Likes

Itā€™s remarkable what you can do with a photograph, a little local knowledge and Google Earth. Although it still surprises me that Google Earth doesnā€™t have the Willington towers modelled in 3D.

Looks like your just down the road from me John, if Iā€™m not mistaken thatā€™s G way

Not wanting to disclose your address :+1:t3:

Just off there Big Dog

Cool Iā€™m just up the road in littleover :+1:t3:

More than happy to offer any support if needed :+1:t3:

Thanks Big Dog. Been where I live for around 18 yrs, shop at Asda and drink in the Ferrers :joy::joy::joy:

Iā€™ve flown here too @kvetner :grin:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I want to fly here @kvetner, but there are no parking or take off and landing markers. Would you be able to add some to the map please?

1 Like

Iā€™ve just added a new Parking marker to this location @kvetner :slightly_smiling_face:

ages ago, back in 2020, I believe we met :smiley:

Iā€™ve flown there tooā€¦ Oh wish could go backā€¦

Obligatory @gunja99 plug for one of his videosā€¦

1 Like

Bloody heck I was shit pilot back then. Just wayched that video back. Think been there 3 or 4 times and was the first place I met anyone from grey arrows. Turned up with my emax tinyhawk 2 and watched Karl my idol making all that noise in them there towersā€¦

In defense that day from that video we only flew 3/4 packs so hadnā€™t got confidence yet and then damned security guards asked us to leave politely (well after letting my fly one more pack), you can see their van in the last 20 seconds of videoā€¦ Grrrā€¦

All filmed DJI DVR on goggles, not bad qualityā€¦ Mehā€¦ I wanna go backā€¦

Lol. Why am I stuck reminiscing over my videosā€¦ If we never allowed to fly it irl there is always @Earwig map of it in velocidrone. What a talented boy he isā€¦

1 Like

You do yourself a disservice, sir. :slight_smile: