02 Ladybower Bridge

24 Likes

There are certain pictures that you want to keep looking at… This is one of them. I am thinking that I want to live in that lil house. Looks so peaceful. Imagine if that was a train line and a steam train going past. Nice

Its peaceful till the low flying military planes come swooping down over the lake haha

And man they come in low and loud !

1 Like

Ahh otherwise know as the Ashopton Viaduct. :wink:
Interestingly someone was asking on a Facebook drone group about flying at Ladybower, saying they’d looked on drone assist, before taking off. Just after they had landed, two military jets came flying over rather low. They’d checked and no Notams had been issued for the area. Someone else replied saying that Ladybower Reservoir was a no fly zone ( I know the subject has been debated to death ) and pointed out the Peak District bylaws ( no taking off from private land etc. I told him that the mountain rescue team there had recently started using drones for search and rescue operations ( saw something in the local rag recently) and asked him if he still thought drones were not allowed in the Peak District, otherwise the mountain rescue team must be breaking the bylaws anytime they fire the drone/s up. :wink::wink:

1 Like

I too did the check before leaving home, and again when I arrived no restriction’s, only a sssi whick was further down the reservoir on the other side.
I did have a notification pop up on my remote, saying that a low flying aircraft was heading to my location.
I immediately landed my drone, and a few minutes later the light aircraft came flying down the reservoir towards the dam.
I was very impressed with the notification and how it keeps every safe. I will also note that I checked all the notice boards, and not one mention about drones.

2 Likes

I must be behind the times … what remote do you have that gets warning of approaching aircraft?
TIA

Some DJI models have what they call “Airsense” built in, which is essentially an ADS-B equipped receiver.

The Air 2S and Air 3 both have it, Mavic 3, etc.

1 Like

I have the RC controller with the Airsense with the mavic 3 classic, and it’ works a treat.

1 Like