14th Jan NW Meet anyone

@AlbionDrones Do we have any plans for Sunday for a meet up and fly?? Im cool to travel or maybe fiddlers ferry as i would like that as i live close. Was also thinking maybe Liverpool FC now i would pay good money to get some photos from above as need to get away from being stuck in doors for a few days

If anyone thinks its a bad idea to goto Liverpool FC please let me know as dont want to get in any trouble but as i understand the caa this can be done in a safe manner.

Ooo and the wife bought me a new drone while i was in hospital and its Mini 3 with rc screen as my phone would not fit the other drone that well so in as many .onths now have 2 drones

And i still get to buy a air 3 when i have passed the test and have more confidence

I got a gut feeling this time next year will have my own fleet of drones

Hi Vinny,

Congrats on the new drone, a veritable fleet in waiting…

Erm, not sure we are flying as a group at the weekend or not, no-one has really respinded yet, and Gunja can’t make it…

I am always up for flying, we could do with a diferent location though, I am on the Drone Show Live in 2 weeks and need somefootage to make a couple of video’s for them, so lets see what folks think…

As to LFC, no FRZ at Anfield, so as long as you steer clear of match days and aree careful no reason why you can’t fly it…

Not sure what we are doing yet. Need to catch up on a few jobs before weather changes.

Hi All how are we doing despite the cold weather

I know I just got here as an active member at the meet ups, can I ask everyone I have met , how far would people be prepared to travel to an interesting drone location, miles and time

Am researching some drone locations that are not one drone scene in Lancashire

Cheers Dave

Hmm, Hubby and I have travelled as far as Glastonbury, Dumfries, Hull, and the NE Scottish borders for a day out before now, so distance doesnt bother us too much… All depends on the target and the weather… We were thinking of organising some day out roadtrips in the spring, perhaps Pistyll Rhaeder waterfall and some other places in that area…

Without getting people’s hopes up I have contacted
Astley Colliery Museum to try and fly there
Also I have found some cooling towers, if still standing, old mills and disused buildings
I know it’s great to sit out niced and chilled in our camping chairs for a few hours , some of the locations are in small villages etc so thinking of a short visit at each location will work. enough for everone to get a flight in, like going on tour
Quality over quantity
Is this a good idea

2 Likes

Sounds interesting Dave :slight_smile:

Am off work at weekend will keep chipping away at it

I will go all over the UK as can have it as a weekend away so the wife wins getting away and I win by getting to fly :slight_smile:

Today got out for a bit

1 Like

Hi Plastic

Is that Fiddlers ferry what’s left of it

This is Fiddlers ferry. Didn’t want to get too close as only just started flying and love it

Next Friday I’m going to Liverpool cathedral for a fly around

Will keep you posted with my location list watch this space

You are doing great even as a novice pilot well done

Nice one… wont be long until the other towers come down…

Hi all
I have work weekend will catch you all on the next one
Cheers Dave

Hi Vinny, weatrher looks better for Sunday that Sat, so the 14th works from that pov… tbh I am not sure where we are going yet, I have been invited onto the Drone Show Live in 2 weeks, and need 2 video’s to show, unfortunately they have already played most of mine, so I need to capture something for a new video at the weekend, and perhaps use the footage from the AVATA flying for the 2nd video, not sure yet…

Tomorrow we are going to get some crafting jobs done, then Sunday we shall make a decision tomorrow and let you know…

1 Like

Hi Vinny, sorry for the late response. I think that we’re reasonably local to each other i.e. between Warrington and Widnes? but my availability at weekends is usually a bit hit & miss. I’ve been itching to get back to FFPS since the first 4 towers came down but just haven’t had the availability lately to make back or any other meets. Tomorrow (Sat 13th) is definitely out for me and I’m sure that Sun won’t be good either. I’ll post if situation changes. The Cathedral is very impressive and should produce some good footage particularly the figure that I call Gort (the day the earth stood still) that adorns the front entrance :rofl: Happy flying. Allan

Good to know you are not far from me. Any time you can get away for a fly just let me know and we can sort out a place.