1st Wedding, Taste of the Commercial world

Excellent work, footage to be proud of in my view.

1 Like

Awesome video :heart_eyes::ok_hand:t3: A zoom parallax of the couple would have fitted in great :smiley: something for future venues possibly :ok_hand:t3: and couple close ups :+1:t2: Great feedback from the newly weds :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

200-12

1 Like

Thank you @wpbooth & @Trailblazer.

Love the parallax idea mate :ok_hand:t4::star_struck:

1 Like

Steve, if that is your first attempt, then personally I cannot wait for the subsequent ones.
Amazing shots and beautifully compiled video.
No wonder the “happy couple” were so pleased with it.
Excellent work, well done.
Rob

1 Like

For a first time Steve this is brilliant, loved the end bit. Well done! Just out of interest, had the couple booked a videographer? It would be good to see the aerial footage combined with ground footage. You could offer your services to wedding videographers too who want to add aerial footage to their films, but don’t have a drone of their own or the time on the day to fly. It’s what I used to do for my wedding videos. Possibly less scope for this now since the advent of the A2 C of C, Mini 2 etc. but a wedding day can be hectic and having someone else there to do the flying while they are doing ground filming can be a help.

1 Like

Thanks John, appreciate you comment mate.

No they didn’t have a videographer, just a photographer and me as an added bonus, but yes that would be awesome mixing the 2 and I probably would of done that had I had 4 arms lol. Like the suggestion of added to other videographers work, definitely something I’ll look into. :+1:t4:

Agree with you on the ending, that last scene :heart_eyes: the sky was amazing and I tried to bring out as much colour as possible. After the sky’s were on the verge of raining all day that was the perfect ending to a what could of been a washed out day. :star_struck:

Thank you Rob, means a lot mate. Can’t wait for the next one now :star_struck:

That’s the biggest problem with drones, we have often had to refund client’s money due to being unable to fly on the wedding day due to rain. Being in Scotland this happens a lot :joy: :cloud_with_rain:

Excellent first attempt, well done!
Having just retired from 20 years of Videography with hundreds of weddings under my belt, not to mention Theatre Shows and Corporates, I totally agree with Drumsagard, contact some local Videographers and offer your services before they get themselves a drone.
A few more showreels will be needed, and I hope you’ve got all the insurance you will need but it’s certainly possible.
I am still a novice Mini 2 pilot but it won’t be long before I contact all my old pals in the business and offer the service.
Good luck.
George.

3 Likes

Thank you, it’s something I’m going to look into that’s for sure. as for the insurance, I have more than enough to keep me safe :ok_hand:

2 Likes

1 Like

That is pretty stunning for a first effort. Were you practising a lot as the footage is well framed and planned? I think that if you enjoyed it you have a great business opportunity with your skills.

I once shot a wedding (for free thankfully) when I was much much younger and stupider (if there’s such a word) on a 35mm SLR. I had good photography skills and understanding but the results were dire, I had no understanding of the difficulty of herding people and timing the shots. Wedding photographers and videographers have my utmost respect. :grimacing:

1 Like

Having photographed over 1300 weddings now, I can tell you a photographer’s job on the wedding day comprises about 80% people skills and 20% photographic skills. You have to know your equipment inside out and work very quickly, it’s even harder when you have a wet day and you are stuck inside at a crappy venue, couples still expect stunning photos :slightly_smiling_face: But I wouldn’t do anything else, I love my job :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you mate, appreciate the comment,

I had a few practise runs at the venue just to see what angle there were what looked the best etc.
A meeting with the couple before hand to see where the bride was going to make her big entrance and what sort of shots they were looking for. There main objective was to capture her coming out the door and the rest was just an overview of the day.

I captured nearly 60gb of footage all in no longer that 1:30 clips. Wish I could of used more in the video but didn’t want to bore them with an hour long movie nor did I want it to flick through different clips so fast it didn’t really show them anything.

As above I had amazing feedback from the married couple so what I used must of been perfect for them. They also have all the RAW’s do with how they wish.
Really enjoyed filming it and it’s definitely something I’m looking to go into now :ok_hand:t4:

2 Likes

Excellent job @McSteamy2010 well captured and edited :+1::movie_camera:

Bloody fantastic job Steve! :heart_eyes: and great praise from your first customer too! Well done mate, you clearly have the skills for this kind of work :muscle:

1 Like