2018 Treasure Hunt Challenge

I will get things going then. This is Fort Purbrook above Portsmouth. It is designated as a ‘scheduled monument but more than one hundred years old, but take it as my entry as a monument for the treasure hunt! Taken on 24th June

1 Like

Any prize for first to post an entry :pray:t2::trophy:

1 Like

Item #16 ticked off, today … Viaduct!

Hockley Viaduct to the south of Winchester … disused as a railway line after the Beeching cuts of the early 60s, as was the rest of the DNSR (Didcot, Newbury and Southampton Railway) for passengers, although used for some freight (mainly oil from Fawley Refinery) until '64, and fully closed in '67.

This small section of viaduct is now a foot/cycle path (part of National Cycle Route 23)

This is also my first Litchi mission flight actually recording video/photos. (OK - 2nd - the first was almost my last! #Oops!)

2 Likes

#11 - Sandy Beach / Mavic Pro shot!
Coarse sand, I’ll give you … but who can tell me at which point shingle becomes sand?
#ThisIsNotASeriousEntry :stuck_out_tongue:rps20180626_171617

2 Likes

Is it when looking through a Mavic Pro lens at 400ft? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for getting the ball rolling guys, leaderboard updated :smiley:

1 Like

Can we add #21 - Lighthouse? :wink:

I was here for … something else … but too windy for what I wanted to do with Litchi not allowing Sport Mode. But I would have flown for this if it was on the list.

3 Likes

Back on topic ……

#7 - Mill

This is Eling Tide Mill, just to the west of Southampton, one of only two remaining Tide Mills in the UK.

This vid is also me getting used to the features in Litchi. Anti-seasick pills needed!!! I flew too close to the “focus” in Litchi’s “Focus Mode”. The gimbal wasn’t at all pleased!
Flew back over it a bit higher with results closer to what I was wanting.

In the background, at the end, is the massive vehicle import/export marshalling area and sea freight terminal at Millbrook in Southampton.

Taken today.

3 Likes

Cracking lighthouse photo :+1:

Lol, yeah, I see what you mean :smiley:

1 Like

Heacham beach , Norfolk

2 Likes

@Rodh Don’t know if you caught Dave’s message yesterday before this post was merged in to here? Please keep all entries in this thread :+1:

Leaderboard updated!

1 Like

Gonna have to venture far to find something other than cooling towers round these parts, and probably retrain as a pilot flying round something different ;o)

Heres a start, Drax Power Station (again)

For seconds, Flamborough light house (over a hundred years old)

Taken in the last 5 days? Just not seen you post from there recently. :wink:
#CompetitionPoliceman. LOL!

Edit: Damn! My lighthouse, yesterday, was over 100 years old! I should have flown … even in 27mph wind! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I shall withdraw my Lighthouse, having read the rules properly ;o(

3 Likes

LOL! … great pic tho! Worthy of “Daily Photo Thread”. :+1:

Hi thanks for that,I was not sure were to post them.

2 Likes

@milkmanchris added to the leaderboard :+1:

HOPEFULLY … if the G&Ts I’ve sunk this evening make it legal, let alone feasible, in the morning I may be up at the crack of dawn to beat the later windier conditions for some more treasure hunting! :wink:

1 Like

Awake and up @ 4am. Drove 100 metres. Realised I had a slow puncture. Came home. #Meh
Waiting for tyre place to open. Pump up tyre and should be able to get there before it’s deflated too far. #BloomingTreasureHunts :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Alton Water (Reservoir)

2 Likes