2019 Mixed Theme Challenge

Nice one Steve, you get some great sunsets on the coast there. I remember years ago getting a fabulous sunset at Arneside. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks! No, it’s from Queen St Gardens East.

This is from Wyken Slough in Coventry taken on 24/5/19. After a little Whiskey. It crashed a short while after breaking my 3d printed hd camera mount. Flew again though. But got a shot in.

2 Likes

Golden Hour
I’ve entered this shot on the advice of PingSpike, thanks. There are two quarrys at Threshfield this being the small one, I just happened to be out at the right time and saw this while filming the DH/Litchi comparison videos. None of the quarrys are working so no danger and both are accessible on foot.

8 Likes

Sunset Over Liverpool Bay (Taken a few weeks ago using my Mavic Pro)

10 Likes

Burford Oxfordshire Sunset Monday 27th Mavic 2 Pro

9 Likes

Ashover Rock, Derbyshire. This is a still shot while getting some video. About 20:50.

Shot with Mavic Air

8 Likes

Some fab Golden hour shots! :ok_hand::point_up_2:

This is my entry to the Golden Hour Challenge. The picture was taken at Sprotbrough Lock near to where I was brought up near Doncaster. A lovely place of natural beauty and very popular for walkers with a nice pub at the side called The Boat Inn.

16 Likes

For my Golden Hour shot I headed to Cardiff Bay, I only had a day or so free as I have been away, so needed a place close to home. Hopefully I will have more time on the next round. Taken last week, using my Mavic Air.

4 Likes

Well the morning I was up early enough for Sunrise it rained. All of my evening mackerel skies, failed to “spark joy” without a whole pile of unnatural lightrooming, and so I ended up with this taken at an altitude of around 12 Feet, distance about 30 Feet, at Chetwynd, on the Shropshire/Staffordshire border.

7 Likes

Here’s my entry. Taken last night, 30/5/2019. The Cock on the Spire on Christchurch Chorleywood.

11 Likes

That’s such a good pic mate, well done. Is it a pano? Looks supper wide angle. Wish I loved near the sea!

1 Like

4 HOURS UNTIL THE GOLDEN HOUR THEME CLOSES

1 Like

Love it. I’m new to drone flying and asked a question about the 50mt rule. I broke it in every shot I posted. If it’s early morning is it ok? Unless the milkman is about?

THEME # 4 IS NOW OPEN!

Theme # 1 - Water … is now closed.

Theme # 2 - Industrial …. is now closed

Theme # 3 - Golden Hour …. is also now closed

Theme # 4 - Monochrome … is now open - and runs from 1st June until midnight on Sunday 16th June.

Wildcard theme! Any subject, as long as your entry is submitted in black and white

Please remember …

You must tell us when and where (geographically) the photo/video was taken and provide some information about any significant items included in the view (what it’s called: a church name, for example)

Also, your entries must have been captured on/between Saturday1st June and midnight on Sunday 16th June.

4 Likes

Great last topic, looking forward to this one. Let’s get thinking…,:+1:

5 Likes

I must admit, I’m bit of a fan of monochrome photography!

1 Like

May try a Castle if I can get some nice weather. Don’t need to be sunny if black and white…

Yeah … increasing the contrast turns “grey and grey” into “black and white”. :wink:

1 Like