2019 Mixed Theme Challenge

Had all sorts of wonderful plans and in the end theres too much water falling from the sky to get out and about :slightly_frowning_face:
Picture of “The Shroppie” near Woodseaves 25/4

9 Likes

My entry was taken 30th April 2019

It wasn’t. Predictive text on phone. Hawksbury disused golf course.

1 Like

Just working on my entry now… Like 1-2 others, was waiting for better weather. We were going to go at dawn to the River Chess but couldn’t sleep last night so was too knackered this morning and none of my spotters (aka kids) were game…

I ended up heading over to Croxley this evening at dusk - lots of nice tributaries spurring off the Grand Union and surrounding rivers. If I don’t manage to get out tomorrow evening, I’ll post what I have before the deadline… Never done any sort of photography competition before… quite exciting! (yes, I live a pretty dull life!)

2 Likes

Llyn y Fan Fach - Powys

16 Likes

Here’s my entry, a photo I took of the boat that appears on the titles of The Bay, recently screened on ITV. I took it on Bank Holiday Sunday (21/4/19) Morecambe.

9 Likes

OK!

THEME #2

Theme #1 - Water draws to a close at midnight tonight, and any more entries on this theme must be posted before that time.

Theme #2 - Industrial …. is now open for entries until midnight on Friday 17th May.

Solar farms, cooling towers, railways, ports, etc

Please remember …

You must tell us when and where (geographically) the photo/video was taken and provide some information about any significant items included in the view (what it’s called: a church name, for example)

Also, your entries must have been captured between now and midnight on Friday 17th May.

1 Like

Actually not sure it’s the boat in the titles. I think the titles just show the stern end from the other side. It was moored just off the stone jetty in Morecambe.

OK, here’s my entry

Filmed in Croxley, just off the Grand Union canal May 2nd 2019. Been practicing my close ups and flying without sensors. Hope you like it :+1:

7 Likes

Not sure why it’s not showing in 4k? :flushed:

Bigger balls than me @anon52324101 :+1:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Many thanks
Laurence Vale

That’s definately water .

Good evening

Hope this is the correct way to enter as this is my first time entering or adding things to the site.

The image was taken on a DJI Mavic Pro on the 4th of April 2019 early in the morning.

The location is Windmill End, Netherton near Dudley and is where three bridges meet known locally as Windmill End Junction.

Hope this is okay and look forward to entering further material.

Best regards

Barry Horne

9 Likes

Nice work Barry! What’s that chimney in the background?

It sure is!

Welcome to Grey Arrows @Baza104 and thanks for the entry :smiley:

1 Like

Good evening,

Thank you for the question, it is known as Cobbs Engine House and although ‘derelict’ it is well preserved and local landmark in the Bumble Hole nature reserve. (Rowley Regis, Dudley B65 8NN) if you look at Google Maps. This is only around three miles from the centre of Dudley in the West Midlands

At times during the day it can get busy so I try to get there and be away before 10am to keep away from people.

I am not sure if the image I have tried to attach will show being a print screen as I become more familiar with the site. This was only the second image I had taken with the drone so I was pleased with the result.

There have been quite a few drone operators there and I live only about three miles away so easy to get to based on the weather.

I know there are more photographic and video opportunities there and at the moment, I am trying to get more into the video side but lapse constantly into photo mode :slight_smile:

If the weather is favourable I hope to get there again on Tuesday.

Very best regards and hope this helps you

Barry Horne

4 Likes

Bando! @anon34183503

Wow! What an amazing structure! You might have just found your ‘industrial’ entry. Never seen anything similar to this before, thanks for sharing…

1 Like

Might have flown there before

House of Pain 24/6/18

https://youtu.be/o-5RRMaZdr0

6 Likes