2020 Mixed Theme Challenge

Its been a sod this period for weather. Worst I’ve known for wind in living memory. (typical!).

I got out the door for 6:30am this morning with my M2P just to take anything abandoned after a window of near no wind. But having taken the nearest thing that was abandoned just get an entry in, I decided not to bother as its not really how I like to approach these things.

Its definitely luck of the draw with the weather which is fair enough…but 3 weeks straight is an ass.

An extension or a restart would be appreciated however I understand that there is a competition to run and chopping it about for the few can be troublesome and in that case, roll on with Theme 2!

:+1:

2 Likes

Not worth risking the bird for a challenge.
Challeges aren’t law, there a bit of fun or should be :smirk: recon a restart would be fair. As long as it’s noticed that I was really kind in this suggestion of pulling my photo for next time :wink: and give me better chance in the future :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

:poop: time of year for Challenges with the present abdominal weather !.

1 Like

its certainly turned out that way. :-1:

2 Likes

It would be fair for all to have the option to re-submit photos Id say. Should the restart scenario arise. :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

My entry for Abandoned

Kilchurn Castle (/kəlˈxuːrn/)[1] is a ruined structure on a rocky peninsula at the northeastern end of Loch Awe, in Argyll and Bute, Scotland. It was first constructed in the mid-15th century as the base of the Campbells of Glenorchy, who extended both the castle and their territory in the area over the next 150 years. After the Campbells became Earls of Breadalbane and moved to Taymouth Castle, Kilchurn fell out of use and was in ruins by 1770.

9 Likes

What a setting! Great shot. Adding that to the list of places I’ve still to visit in this stunning country. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the entry, @Fatboy. :+1:

That’s thirteen entries for Theme #1 … and just hours remaining!

4 Likes

(though now I think about it, a visit to the ancestral seat of the infamous Clan Campbell will be a fairly somber one…)

Looks like the upload failed mid way, Bonny.

crappy internet -was at 97%

Ha - it never fails before 90%. #FirstWorldProblems

This photo is of Winehaven, it was the world’s largest winery" for 12 years (1907–1919) It later became a fuel depot for the United States Navy. The white housing in the background was built for winehaven but became naval housing during the Pt. Molate Navy Refueling depot era. I have lived in the area for 21 years now. When I first moved to the area there was still a working fire station on property. The firehouse is the building to the right of the houses with double garage doors. The whole area including the very picturesque castle like building, Winehaven has been abandoned and multiple projects have fallen through.

7 Likes

Thanks, Bonny, for entry #14 for Theme #1. :+1:

1 Like

Great photo! :ok_hand:

:drum::drum::drum: Drum roll!! :drum::drum::drum:

Here’s the announcement that you’ve all been waiting for with bated breath!

Theme #2

Weeks 4, 5 & 6 - Geometric Patterns
–– From 28/02/20 to 20/03/20 (amended)
Straight down shots that form interesting patterns (examples)

As you will see, with current weather forecasts suggesting that we are in for more unhelpful weather, we’ve changed Theme #2 to also run for three weeks starting today, and therefore postponing the start of Theme #3 by a further week.

We decided not to extend Theme #1 any further since it was felt that this would be unfair to those that have made a concerted effort to get out in the wind/rain and fly in order to make a submission.

For the time being, the duration of Theme #3 remains at just the original two weeks - unless, nearer its commencement, the weather forecasts are again total pants.

On your marks, get set, FLY!

Don’t forget - you can win one badge per theme!

7 Likes

Nice topic… I’m going to need to give this one some thought! :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

6 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what people come up with!

2 Likes

Strange that. Everybody else is looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :wink:

4 Likes

Whoop! Time to get my thinking cap on! :thinking:

2 Likes