2020 Mixed Theme Challenge

Well, at last, the weather has showed promise enough for me to get out and blow the cobwebs of Winter away.
Here is probably the only thing I have shot from a drone in 3 months !.
Taken from my Mavic 2 Pro, with no filter.

Untouched, straight from the media card.
Taken Today 4th March 2020, at approx. 2pm.

History

The park was laid out in 1923 and opened to the public in 1928 by the Prince of Wales, later Edward VIII

Bandstand, Pavilion and Café

Bandstand. 1924-8. by a Sandys Winch. Colourwashed stone and concrete with copper dome. Classical style. Circular plan. 8 Tuscan columns rise from stepped plinth and support entablature and hemispherical dome. This bandstand stands at the centre of the quadrant pavilions (qv) and forms the climax of the significant group of structures in the layout at Eaton Park. Eaton Park is included in the English Heritage Register of Parks and Gardens at Grade II.

At the heart of the park is the rotunda; a domed bandstand surrounded by four colonnaded pavilions. The wonderful Eaton Park Café is based here, and open seven days a week. Elsewhere in the rotunda there are changing rooms and toilets, and groups such as Friends of Eaton Park, parkrun and Norwich Parks Tennis. In the summer the bandstand hosts concerts and other events.
(I should have added that the Domed Copper Bandstand still has it’s original Copper that was re-fitted after the War)
With the “Gipo’s” around here I am amazed it’s still there !.

12 Likes