2020 Mixed Theme Challenge

Thanks for the entry, Joe.

That’s THREE entries for Theme #2 :+1:

2 Likes

Great Picture Joe, I have died and gone to heaven !.
Wonder how many bottles that lot would fill?.

2 Likes

Thanks :). And yep, that’s how I felt as I watched the piles of barrels growing there :wink:

Mmmmmmmm…

2 Likes

Did you not check that each was full?

3 Likes

They are probably empty, I went on a tour of “The Tobermory Whisky Distillery” (and many others over the years !).
Apparently they put the barrels outside to weather,so as the timber barrel ribs expand and seal against future leakage.
If they had been full they would be placed in the Bonded Store warehouse, under tight security.
I was going to suggest a re-direction of the GADC “Meet” in the Loch Lomond area?.
Now that would be a one good piss up !!. (if only they were full)

2 Likes

Wow joe! Great find! Photo looks the muts :peanuts: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Sadly so… but also happily so since it means they’re all getting themselves ready for the next batch :wink:

1 Like

Had to read that twice :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

:wine_glass:

1 Like

only two letters out Steve !
S B

2 Likes

Just think what would happen if that lot caught light !..
Half of Scotland would be pissed for a year from the fumes!.

2 Likes

Hang on that’s my name.:joy:

2 Likes

Okay, so…

Only taking the five vertical columns, not the two stacks on the left…

The first column:
Ten barrels high. The top row is six wide, 2nd-top 7, 3rd-top 8, and so on. That’s 105 barrels per row.
There are 51 rows, so 5355 barrels

The other four columns:
The top row is seven wide, so 115 barrels per row. 51 rows is 5865 barrels per column. Four columns, 23460 barrels.

Total in just the columns, 28815 barrels.

Casks hold around 200 bottles…

So in the columns here there’d be enough for at least 5.76 million bottles.

And that’s only the cropped five columns… there are a LOT more there.

4 Likes

question about theme, how much editing can be done to the image, looking at the examples, the one of the pine trees and the crossroads has been heavily edited?

There’s no limit to the editing @lee - as long as you’re still “on topic” - take it away!

1 Like

Thats beaut!! Awesome idea that!

1 Like

Here’s my entry for theme 2, I wasn’t sure about it when I took it but looking at it on my computer I decided I quite liked it. This is a top down shot of some industrial buildings that are in my village (Fleckney, Leicestershire)

8 Likes

Thanks for the entry, Sam.

That’s FOUR entries for Theme #2 :+1:

View the entries gallery here! :+1:

Just two weeks remaining of Theme #2 - “Geometric Patterns”.

A gallery of the entries so far has been created : 2020 Mixed Theme Challenge - Gallery of Entries

Also, a couple galleries of past challenges have been created for you gain motivation! :wink:

2018 Golden Hour Challenge - Gallery of Entries

2019 Mixed Theme Challenge - Gallery of Entries

2 Likes

Here is my entry for Theme #2 - Geometric Patterns taken from the estate I live in York, it’s a Eco Estate with centrally delivered heating and hot water via underground pipes and Heat Exchangers in each property - apparently there is only a 5 Degree drop in temperature between Water leaving the Super Sustainable Centre and Water coming back to it !!!

Gutted I missed Theme #1 - weather was just too bad to get out to get the shot :frowning:

Small amount of Cropping and brightening :slight_smile:

7 Likes