2nd hand drone still bound to account of previous owner

I haven’t been able to see this question raised elsewhere so here goes. I have just bought an Air 2s from MPB. It’s condition is spot on and everything is as promised BUT I find that it is still bound to another account - presumably the previous owner. MPB have promised to get back to me on Monday as they seem baffled. Has anyone here had this problem and just as important did you solve it ? If it’s not solved I’ve already told MPB I’ll be exercising my right to return for refund. :thinking:

1 Like

Are you talking about Care Refresh or does the aircraft refuse to work? If it is Care Refresh:

The warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, please transfer the proof of purchase to the new owner, the warranty will not be affected.
For the DJI Care Refresh, it is bound to the serial number, you will just need to transfer the email of the service agreement (if it is purchased from the online store) or the DJI Care Refresh activation card (if it is purchased from the dealer) and the proof of purchase.

From DJI Forum

1 Like

Thanks for the information-yes the issue is all around Care Refresh but even without that I don’t like the idea of my equipment being linked electronically, no matter how tenuously, to someone else. I will wait for MPB on Monday and hope they are as informed as you. Presumably they will need the previous owner to do the necessary.
Thank you again.

I believed that CR is linked to to the serial number not the person (check it below)

As for equipment linked electronically, isn’t everything ?

4 Likes

Following on from @macspite reply, raise a support ticket with DJI to have the email address linked to Care Refresh changed to yours.

Many thanks. Yes I agree most things are already linked electronically but pedant the I am when I know it’s wrong I like to get it corrected.

Thankyou for taking the time to reply, I’ll let MPD do that as option one. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would say moving Care Refresh is something you should do, not them. They can’t assume that the email address you want linking is the address you used to purchase the drone. I certainly would not make that assumption nor want anyone to make that assumption if I was in this situation.

CR is linked to the drone not the email address.

1 Like

They need to take ownership

For the DJI Care Refresh, it is bound to the serial number, you will just need to transfer the email of the service agreement

A big thank you to everyone who has offered help and advice. Having explored the DJI website and got the policy details I’m going to give the problem back to MPB as they sold it to me - I already have enough grey hairs so I’ll let them get a few sorting this out. Thanks again to everyone who has contributed as I do now understand the problem.

Was it advertised as having care refresh remaining or was that just a little bonus you found out after purchase.

Can’t see you having any luck getting seller to change it.

It’s tied to the serial if you had to make a claim. I’ve never heard of anyone transfering anything over when selling a DJI drone.

If your wanting one not linked in any way your probably going to have to buy new.

2 Likes

What’s to sort .

IF you crash it make a claim.

For perfect piece of mind buy new, or never leave the house for perfect protection, the grey will still come.

2 Likes

Only the person who bound the aircraft to their account can unbind it. Its an anti-theft measure that DJI has added. I suggest you return the drone to the shop for a refund, if the registered user decides to notify it as lost DJI will make it in to a brick.

2 Likes

I knew I was worried about something now you’ve told me what it is. Thank you, I now have my script with the supplier .

Thanks, yes changing and buying new is the best option.

MPB have a great name … I’m sure they’ll get you sorted.

Thanks, I am banking on that whether it’s refund/replacement or unbinding. :+1:

1 Like