2nd Hand Prices plummeting?

Hi Guys, just watched a Mavic Pro Platinum fly more combo with 4 batteries fail to sell at £655 inc Fast & Free posting granted 2nd hand But with the intro of the new laws / restrictions does this mean the bottom will fall out of the 2nd hand market What do you think?

Just seen very light usage Inspire 2 with x4s camera sell for £2000 on Ebay. Since can’t even get x4s camera now seems a bargain as would cost £5K+ with X5S camera which are best part of £2K on their own.

Like others wary of 2nd hand especially the mega expensive ones.

2 Likes

@mockingbird71 but we’ve all done that haven’t we? :shushing_face: :shushing_face: Like 2nd hand cars you can always say “it wasn’t me”” :rofl:

2 Likes

I don’t know if the recent registration and proposed EASA regulations have played a part but I must admit there does seem to be more items in eBay’s “Camera Drone” section.

Sometimes it’s worth taking a chance but like most things do your homework beforehand and don’t let your enthusiasm take over your decision making.

I usually look for spares or repair items on eBay. Two of note were:

1. Parrot Anafi Extended Kit. The seller said the drone would not turn on but I figured it was worth a shot just for the extra batteries and the case for my Anafi. I Paid £150 for it. When it arrived it looked like new and had an Amazon return sticker on the box. I think the seller had bought a pallet of Amazon electronic returns. I opened the Anafi and found the ribbon cable from the power distribution PCB to the main PCB had become unattached. Once reconnected it all worked perfectly.

2. Blade Chroma including CG03 4K camera, three batteries, backpack, and loads of spare props and stuff. The seller said that it flew erratically and that he’d been quoted £300 for the repair. I already had two Blade Chroma’s so was mainly interested in the batteries and backpack and the drone for spares. Paid £100. When it arrived I investigated the erratic flight issue and found that the controller just needed a squirt of switch cleaner in the gimbals and recalibrating, a common issue with the Blade/Yuneec controllers.

There are listings I won’t bid on and those are the ones where the seller claims they found the drone while walking their dog or something similar. Unless they could show evidence that they tried all avenues to reacquaint it with the owner I class it as stolen.

Regards

Nidge.

5 Likes

Wow Nidge you could make a living off that :shushing_face: :grinning:

1 Like

Agree with you comments about found drones by the way Also to be avoided comments such as landed in the sea, dried off immediately, haven’t tried it but should be OK :rofl: Salty water and electronic Not a good mix ask my Nokia phone when I jumped out of my boat into deeper water than I realised with phone in pocket Dead before I even got it out of pocket :disappointed:

1 Like

Not really, I’m hopeless with money. I’ve done quite a few repairs and builds for fellow members of my club and when the subject of money has been brought up I go all light headed and have to have a lie down. I prefer the “pay it forward” ethos. If truth be known I welcome the distraction as I’m more often than not house bound due to ill health and my cat isn’t known for her scintillating conversation.

Regards

Nidge.

2 Likes

@Nidge Yes fully understand what your saying I guess what I really meant to say was :- buy as you have done in the past, fix it, sell as working and it will give you pocket money for your hobby

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’m a big softy and I become emotionally attached to my builds and repairs, as can be seen in my list of currently owned drones, which needs updating :woozy_face:

Nidge

1 Like

OMG Nidge just looked at your ‘out of date list’ that’s one serious addiction you have there have you seen a doctor? :rofl:

4 Likes

I have them on speed dial.

2 Likes

I hadn’t quite grasped that some of these are drones that people have just “found” along the way. These will be the same people that curse the sight of the things when they are still obviously being piloted by someone. I’m afraid I find the whole thing somewhat mercenary :weary:

1 Like

Lots of post Christmas Phantom 3 & 4’s on eBay at the moment

What do you think the best bang for my buck would be if I was looking for second hand deals on a Mavic Pro. There’s quite a list and I would prefer to look for a newer Pro 2, but how much difference is there between a Mavic Pro and a Mavic Pro 2?

And where does the “Platinum” fit into all this.

And is the “Hasselbach” lens an extra or part of the increased spec on a Mavic Pro 2?

Mavic Pro
Mavic Pro 4k
Mavic Pro 2
Mavic Pro Platinum
Mavic Pro with Hasselbach lens

If you were looking for a great second hand deal what would be your target?

@B0M0A0K that question is waaaayyyyy to broad for this thread without taking it wildly off topic.

Short answer: Mavic 2 Pro – heliguy™

Long answer: Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom Chat

1 Like

I don’t know where you got that list but it’s a bit off the mark…

Your options:

Mavic Pro
Mavic Pro Platinum
Mavic 2 Zoom
Mavic 2 Pro

:slight_smile:

Depends on your budget really?

Mavic 2 Pro is the best of the list, Mavic Pro is the cheapest but still a very capable drone :slight_smile:

1 Like