3 bridges over the River Findhorn at Tomatin

We were staying only 5 miles from here - down a single track road in the wilds, and on a deer park - so it was too much temptation not to try and film these bridges…

Looking at the footage I can see I could have gotten closer to the bridges on another road, which would have allowed for more varied footage while maintaining Visual Line of Sight - VLOS - which I was operating at the limit of from the take off location at the first bridge… Ah well, we live and learn, and I know what I can do next time to get a better set of footage…

Still, it is relaxing and interesting, especially the Cows fording the river…

1 Like

Just located this in Google Maps/Earth - and the satellite images are in snow.

You will have to go back! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yuo, only trouble is the 6 1/2 hr drive each way atm… Trying to persuade hubby we need an overnight weekend trip, before Autumn ends, to redo several locations and add in some more, although I may need more batteries, another 3 would work… :wink:

So - a LOT easier for you than me! :crazy_face:

(PS - A distillery is an added incentive! :wink: )

1 Like

Not far from here there is the infamous “bucket bridge”, assuming it is still there:

1 Like

Not saying anything about Distilleries, we definitely didnt come out of Tomatin at 1015am with 2 bottles and our friend didnt come out with 4, nope… And Balvenie and Glenallachie wre also definitely not toured, nor did we leave with another few bottles from each… Honest… :wink:

Actually, I had permission to fly on site at Balvenie - as long as no overflight - so captured some footage and will be working along with some stills from inside the distillery as a video, and the same for Glenallachie… Hopefully processed later in the week…

1 Like

Oooh, didnt see that, we were staying 5 miles further inland down the Findhorn Glen, have some river footage and some of the cottage and deer park to edit yet… There is a bridge like that down Glen Etive too IIRC…

1 Like