6S Quad Drone Build - iFlight Titan XL5 HD 5inch Freestyle Frame

I noticed the camera app in windows has a timer built-in for timelapse. Thought I’d have a play and managed to complete a build in one evening, forgive the poor quality this is just for fun I hadn’t set out to make a video and I wouldn’t expect anyone to make it to the end if watching.

Some of you are aware I crashed my Apex frame at the weekend and lost an arm and two motors and didn’t have spares of either nor do they seem to be available anywhere. I want to keep that one the same spec so this is just a bumper car. Video is just the build and quick hover test.

3 Likes

If you want a replacement arm I have a supplier who will cut you one, we need to get a CAD file created first though.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’d be spending half that video looking for dropped screws on the floor

1 Like

I defo feel that when I’m in the shed, but it’s too cold to be in the shed. And don’t give me any of this get a heater crap… it’s a shed. I miss the Middle-East. Went out to the my test flight yesterday and of course it started raining as I armed.

Is the camera pointing a bit off to the left ?

1 Like

That was well quick. Like the tray you have to work on.
I’m forever dropping screws on the floor etc

2 Likes

I think it’s this one…
Will be on my next Amazon order :+1:

2 Likes

Yep, previously I could only get a Nano as a replacement. They’re terrible, and I cannot be bothered to mount it properly so I’ve got it attached to one side. It’ll go when I can get a pro.

Similar, this is the specific one I ordered. Rolls up nicely into my drawer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075D9R8PZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Magnets, and pin hole tool holders (for my multi-tool) are the best features. Also very helpful for more complicated builds (not drones) when I need to keep track of order of parts. Nothing worse than mixing up a pile of resistors and having to inspect every one or find that one in a pile that is the one you need.

2 Likes

Hats off to you builders
I enjoyed your video - thanks.
I hope you find the parts you need.

1 Like

Nice. Probably gonna order one of these