A Spring Sunrise, Blackpool Tower, Lancashire, England

A day out yesterday for the traditional Good Friday Grey Arrows Blackpool Tower Sunrise meet-up!

An early start for the 545am sunrise, and a cold and windy day - thankfully not gusty though!

Some stunning footage captured, a good catchup with friends and a chance to meet some new fols too, and a sunrise flight that I am happy with - all done within VLOS and within the CAA Drone Code!

24 Likes

@AlbionDrones Lovely Suzanne, the early bird does get the worm! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks Colin… Lots of ‘birds’ int he air that day, hopefully we all managed to get the ‘worm’ to some extent or another :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful lighting and views of the tower. Particularly like the distant orbit shot from the sea showing the reflection of the tower. Excellent music choice too!

1 Like

What an excellent video thank you

1 Like

@AlbionDrones another quality video Suzanne, and given me a few inspirations for some pics next year

1 Like

@AlbionDrones Suzanne

That’s a great little video with some excellent footage. The choice of music makes the whole thing very atmospheric and pleasing to watch…and I certainly enjoyed it!
I particularly enjoyed the panning shot with views of the pier and out to sea and beyond…beautifully captured! :heart_eyes:

You are making it very difficult for the rest of us to look good when you produce such high quality videos.

Thanks for sharing

Andy :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you… That longer range shot was an opportunity that came from flying the piers, just had to capture it…

1 Like

Thanks for watching, glad it was enjoyed…

Thanks Dave, glad it gave you some ideas…

Thanks Andy, appreciate the watch and comments…

I am certainly not trying to make it difficult for anyone to feel good about their own work, I have always been a perfectionist, driven by a deep feeling of inadequacy, hence a need to be as good as I can at anything I want to do…

1 Like

Hey Suzanne, sorry if my remark offended. I wasn’t being critical…quite the opposite in fact.
Although I’ve been flying drones ( in this country, Europe and the Caribbean ) for years, the whole process of editing clips and compiling videos, including for YouTube, is all very new to me. I don’t think I appreciated just how much time and energy is required to produce a video that I think is satisfactory. Your video is a clear example of what I hope to achieve one day…fingers crossed :pray:

If you are striving for perfection then I would say you are definitely winning :+1:

I very much look forward to your next project and subsequent footage.

Cheers

2 Likes

No offence taken Andy, far from it, I was honoured by your comment. More I was trying to respond in order to try and explain a bit about how and why I am soo focussed on producing things at the very best level I can…
Its not quite a MH issue for me, but I definitely have that hyperfocus part of my personality, a part that won’t let me ever think ‘oh, its good enough’, instead I find myself always critiquing what I do, until I reach a leel I cannot critique any more - and I think I am getting there, but know it will always be something I am fighting to overcome…

Oh, and thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Suzanne, you really are very welcome, and I absolutely am looking forward to viewing more of your photos and/or videos.

If I lived closer, I would be paying you for advice on how to edit my own videos to look more like yours! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Lol, praise indeed, I am blushing now…

Honestly, its all about getting the basics right, setting your movements so they are as smooth as possible, and then flying in a way that keeps thing smooth - keep each shot’s movement going through the shot, do not change direction, height or gimbal position suddenly, and keep going in the same direction - whether thats one movement or multiple… Thst id whst gives the cinematic feel to the footage…
Don’t worry about emulating me, find your own style, find what works for you, an just do it…

As to post production, keep it simple, small change to remain true to life rather than boosting everything to the point of artificiality…

Always happy to have a chat and to help others in any way I can…

1 Like

That is beautiful. It makes me want to learn to edit videos.

1 Like

Thank you for watching and commenting, I am glad it has inspired you :slight_smile:

Videography is taking all you know of photography and expanding it to another level, it is something I love, both the flying and video filming and the editing…

That Video was so good you should be awarded with a medal🥇The music fits the Video to perfection.Great work Suzanne.

Regards
Chris

1 Like

Lol, we don’t have medals, we have badges in Grey Arrows, and I already have the Movie Director and Celebrity ones - celebrity is for having footage or photos used in the press or on TV… Sadly the Movie Director badge only hs one level and is a one time only award…

But thank you kindly for the sentiment :slight_smile:

Thanks. What software do you use for video editing? I have iMovie, to keep it simple, but I understand Resolve is good but tricky.