A2 CofC certificate

Hi, as a new beginner I’m trying to find the right lever of training and CAA certificate to fly my Mavic pro 2.

I’m registered with the CAA and have my operators number and ID having completed their basic online test. Iv also took out the £5m insurance cover from Grey Arro.

My question is, for the drone I own, do I now need to complete a training course and gain the CAA 2 certification to fly the drone I have within the regulations?

A company on line called UAVHUB provided this training, can you give me advice if you feel this is the right company for me?

Depends where u want to fly

Run the scenarios through our own good2go

Hi George. With the mavic 2 pro the more qualifications the better as it is quite a restrictive drone as to where you can fly legally due to it’s weight.

Hi George, I presume you mean the A2CofC qualification?
You don’t NEED it if you’re flying the under 250 gram drones, but the info you get will be useful to have in any case.
UAVHUB are the oldest (I think) training company, and I took my A2 and GVC with them 100% in both) and I personally can give them a thumbs up. All of the material is excellent and you can access it at any time and do their mock examms as many times as you want or need.

Hi,

The mavic 2 pro is around 900g, so indeed the A1 and A3 is more than enough for you to fly.

The A2 is only if you want to:

• Fly in residential areas
  • Fly in industrial areas
  • Fly in recreational areas
  • Drones with C2 label
    let’s say you got more privileges.

The M2Pro is under 2kg so A1/A3 is good to go!

Those are European rules not UK

1 Like

I know, this is just a nice illustration for a better understanding. Couldn’t find a nice one with the CAA.

And works exactly the same. UK or EU have the same rules, the A2 will give the same privileges as mentioned on my previous comment.

1 Like

As originally posted by me

Our very own good2go service is your best friend

2 Likes

Not strictly true as the CAA do not recognise C2 labelled drones or any other “C” labelled drones for that matter — yet :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@Simpson An A2 CofC will allow you to:

<250g does not require an A2 CofC to fly anywhere other than FRZ or over a crowd of people.

251g - 500g drone - fly with no seperation distance from people or buildings but cannot overfly uninvolved people intentionally.

501 - 2Kg drone - fly within 50m of people Cannot overfly uninvolved people Intentionally.

You will need a Flyer ID to take your A2 CofC and prove your competence at flying a drone. Therefore once you have your A2 CofC you will be able to fly your particular drone in areas used for recreational, industrial, residential and commercial purposes. You must always maintain unaided visual line of sight with the drone and you must stay at least 50 metres away from uninvolved people (people who aren’t involved with your flight!) and you cannot overfly uninvolved people.

1 Like

@Simpson first you have to ask yourself where you will be flying?
If you only ever fly out in wide open spaces away from buildings and (uninvolved) people, then forget about A2CoC.
If you want to fly closer to built up areas/buildings or people then you will need the A2CoC.

I have no intention of doing it as I fly out in the open, but I suppose it gives a little more training if you’re into doing it just for the knowledge? I only have a small HDD between my ears, so if I want to do the A2CoC I would have to free up some space and do a defrag :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you to everyone for your great advice and support, exactly what I was looking for.
To me this is clearly what a group is about and it’s much appreciated.

3 Likes

The M2P is a 907g drone, I owned one for several years and is an amazing drone day or night. Due to its size you’ll benefit from getting your A2CofC. Your 150m rule will be reduced to 50m. I completed my course with UAVHUB, just like many others here, it’s laid out clearly and easy to understand. It puts across all the information you’ll understand and be able to fly confidently in the future, they offer other courses leading upto gaining your GVC for commercial purposes

1 Like

@Simpson Geoge I have changed the title of the post to reflect the discussion

You can also use the search function (top right) as it has been asked many times

https://greyarro.ws/search?q=A2%20CofC

And as a member don’t forget the discount you can receive from some suppliers

https://greyarro.ws/tag/discount