Above the clouds hyperlapse

Swindon was covered in low cloud early this morning. So I wanted to see if the Mini 3 Pro performed as well as the Mini 2. I disabled obstacle avoidance before taking off.

Grabbed some photos and panos whilst up there.

Unfortunately, I forgot to set the hyperlapse to save the RAW files, so only have the onboard video to hand. It’s not great, but better than nought.

Happy to report it had no issues, not even coming down back through the clouds, and not a spec of moisture too.

17 Likes

Particularly like the first photo! :+1:t2:

Cheers Geoff, that was from a 180, cropped to a square.

What height where these taken ?
Excellent results.

Cheers👍

These were taken at 120m.

I was lucky that the cloud stopped around 110m :wink:

X10?

What would the max height be?

If I had the fcc jack and I was willing for testing purposes to test the max height?

:wink:

1 Like

DJI cap the maximum altitude of the Mini 3 Pro to 4000m on the standard battery and 3000m on the plus-shaped battery.

CE/FCC mode will have no bearing on the maximum service ceiling. You’ll need deeper mods to remove the height limits from DJI drones. But that’s not a conversation for this thread.

1 Like

FCC hack only improves range (significantly!). Most older drones have altitude hacks available via the likes of Drone Hacks (for example). The limit is 500m, if you change the default setting in the Fly app … but obviously, this does not comply with the CAA drone code :roll_eyes:

i could be wrong but im sure my Go4 app it can go beyond that, but its been a while

1 Like

It can go to the moon if you have the battery capacity and the relevant hack/mod installed otherwise its 500m

1 Like

I am new to drone flying but recently used a mini 3 pro in London on an experience day. I was amazed at the pictures and the way it handled. I love your above the clouds footage. I normally fly the original mini but definitely considering the purchase of the mini 3 pro.

I can definitely recommend it. I never had the original Mini, but have come from a Mini 2. And it is a massive improvement … especially if you opt for the Pro edition.

1 Like

That’s the only edition, isn’t it?

1 Like

Just reread this today, not sure if you are genuinly asking whether there are multiple versions:

• DJI Mini 3 Pro (No RC) - £639 … no remote
  • DJI Mini 3 Pro (RC-N1) - £709 … old remote
  • DJI Mini 3 Pro (DJI RC) - £859 … new remote

I think Chris said opt for the Pro, and Ben is saying they’re all called Pro :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, fair point. Yes, they are all Pro.

Not sure why they did that … imo, should have been something like this:

• DJI Mini 3 Lite (No RC) - £639 … no remote
  • DJI Mini 3 (RC-N1) - £709 … old remote
  • DJI Mini 3 Pro (DJI RC) - £859 … new remote

Yeah but the new remote isn’t in the same league as the pro controller ;o)

But nor could it be, when priced at £859 for the drone plus the new controller :man_shrugging:

Saying that, after watching this video, I can’t justify the extra cost - now that I have the new RC :thinking:

Definitely with the new remote, DJI RC that’s the remote I used. It was so nice not having to set up with my Samsung S7 to fly. It was a sunny day so occasionally had to find shade to stand in so I could see the screen but really enjoyed the experience.

1 Like