Active Track testing

Video I made trying out active track on Mavic Air

15 Likes

I like that a lot ;o)

1 Like

Definitely worthy of the Avtive Trackist Badge!! :+1:

I can see that the RC is mounted on your handlebars … but how have you managed that?

1 Like

Nicely done video :+1:

Bought a Quad Lock handlebar mount and corresponding female mount(a bit pricey). Cut some ply-board in the shape of controller. Cut a long slit in the middle of ply-board and passed 2 strips of inner tube through and fastened to board with a screw. Punched a hole in the other end of each strip and put another screw in the board to hook the strips onto after passing over the controller. Then finished off with some foam matting.

I have found out that the Quad Lock handlebar mount is a little flexy and I will need to add 2 small rubber straps around each arm holding the phone for more security.

3 Likes

Interesting1 It certainly does the job really well! :ok_hand:

Nice love the shadow of you peddling :+1:

2 Likes

Is there a Macgyver badge? If not, create one :joy::joy::joy:… Very good. Did you have any problems with the tracking? I’ve only tried it a couple of times. Then I realised it requires me to actually move :rofl:

2 Likes

Nice one Gaz @Rezzmo
Particularly like the top down shot with the shadow
@milkmanchris worth a try with the electric scooter?

1 Like

Gazz,
I think that’s a bloody good example of active track, in fact probably one of the best I have seen for a long while !.

1 Like

Not tried active tracking yet myself but that looked fun.

Do you have to pre-program the loops around you and the change of heights, etc …?

On the Dji app, you can set a ‘swing’ around the subject. 3-5 degrees / speed seems to work well

1 Like

@stubbyd you can change the height and distance while been tracked by using the sticks on the remote.
As @anon52324101 said you can set a swing around the subject using a bar on the app. the further ‘round’ you set the bar the faster it rotates around the subject.
I did think it was going to smack me in the face at the time :laughing:

2 Likes

Lolz… The first and only time (so far) I sent my M2P into a tree was on a sideways swing… When trying to figure out what that sliderbar does :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::rofl:

1 Like

This happened while testing. oops

1 Like

Brilliant! :+1::clap:

1 Like

Nice video. Love the shadows

1 Like

really love this video, It looks great

1 Like

Thanks for the replies folks.
I didn’t plan on it turning out as well as it did. Just seeing how it would follow me.

1 Like

Well done - as others have mentioned, shadow-shot esp. good. I’m all inspired now - have FatBike / have MA - now just need to combine the two and hopefully come up with something as good as this :smiley: Though currently I just use it to go along the single-track lane to/from the A1 here - although the tyres certainly get a good workout on all the potholes…not sure the route is as exotic as your beach :grin:

1 Like