Add LED Light to Drone

I just wanted to be able to see my drone when flying directly over my garden. I purchased an LED from eBay which is OK. However I remembered a bag full of flashing badges I was given at an exhibition. We have used them on our coats while cycling at night as they are very bright. However taking off the marketing material and plastic down to the PCB they work great on my mini. More light than the one I purchased and provide flashing and static light see example

Its just a thought for people who work in marketing and still have some of their giveaways/badges in a filing cabinet. Many thanks to my friends at Indium who sell solder paste
voidbadge

2 Likes

Got some pictures you can share mate?

1 Like

Sorry no as I was just doing a video 360 to see the sky line but I did not adjust the light level so black cat in a coal hole. Just the occasional street and car light plus a block of flats in the distance. I am all set for Nov 5th. I should have taken a photo of the drone in the air with the light to show the brightness. Obviously you need a light to see the drone. Many thanks

I meant of the lights attached to the drone, on your table.

Not in the sky :blush:

2 Likes

sorry had not had a chance to come back to you. Here is video and the simple light held on with Velcro tape
Many thanks bobwillis.co.uk
https://youtu.be/UVr_7EyJKiU

1 Like