Adventures 2023 - this year's drone footage showreel

With 140+ video’s filmed and edited this year I have been trying to condense that into a single showreel of the best clips to share on the last day of the year. As expected, his has proven to be a very difficult job!

There is much that has not been included, and a lot of the clips are shorter than I would normally use, but for good or ill this is what I have managed to come up with… There is an original - longer - 9 minute version, which I may share in the future - if folks really want to see it…

A guitar version of the stunning Hans Zimmer composition ‘Time’ has been use for the soundtrack, it is a piece of music I have long wanted to use, hopefully the footage does the music justice…

Locations included in the showreel are Skye, Lewis and Harris, Tongue, Orkney, the Black Isle, Manchester, Rannoch Moor, Glen Etive, Glencoe and more besides…

17 Likes

Stunning !
So smooth Suzanne @AlbionDrones compiled beautifully :clap:t2:

1 Like

Thanks Richard, appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely stunning Suzanne! :clap: Not sure though that the Manchester footage fits with the rest (just my tuppence worth! :blush:)

1 Like

Beautiful work Suzanne, the music fits perfectly :blush:

1 Like

Thanks… I was in 2 minds, I wanted to include some night time and city footage, but trying to squeeze it in… I think it adds a juxtaposition, showing the busy crowded city versus the quiet and generally people free landscapes of wonderful Scotland…

1 Like

Thanks Nicola, appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

WOW Suzanne, just WOW. Very nice work indeed.

I bet the Scottish Tourist Board or Visit Scotland would be interested in this.

1 Like

Thank you… I tried the Highlands and Islands Development lot, they weren’t interested… May try the STB :slight_smile:

Good job - a really nice compilation of your year’s flying. Great.

1 Like

Thank you David, here’s to a great 2024 for all of us that fky drones :slight_smile:

Lovely to watch and listen to, very relaxing. Thanks for your hard work editing and for posting it. A job well done

1 Like

Thanks Neil, appreciate the watch and the comment :slight_smile:

Beautiful, the music works well with the footage. I liked the contrast with the city at night and the wilderness of the Highlands.

If I could produce work half as good as that I’d be a happy man.

1 Like

Thanks Geoff, nothing stopping anyone from capturing something amazing, I only got my first drone 16 months ago, and much of this footage comes from early in 2023, so if I can do ti anyone can…

All it takes is practice, both in flying, videography and in editing, and then get out and find those places that work for you, the Highlands and Islands are the home of my heart, so I am naturally drawn there to film, but there is equally as stunning scenery in every part of the UK…

Excellent work Suzanne. I can appreciate it must have been a difficult task to make your choice from all 140 videos. Music choice was perfect, in fact its one of my favourite scores from Hans Zimmer. Stunning locations, which youve captured in a cinematic fashion. Bravo!

1 Like

Thanks, it was no easy task to cut the footage down to 5 mins, but definitely worth it, and you learn a lot in doing so…

Hi Suzanne, thanks for the encouragement. I live in Fife in Scotland, so not too far to find stunning scenery. I recognise quite a few of the places in your vids, the standing stones on Lewis, which are amazing, and the fairy pools on Skye amongst other locations.
Up until a few years ago my wife and I had a campervan and after retiring we used to do tours around the Highlands and Islands. Unfortunately a few years ago I was diagnosed with a blood cancer and have been through 3 years of treatments ending with a stem cell transplant last year. I am currently in remission and hoping it will last for a good few years. However, it took a lot out me physically and doing the necessary maintenance on the van became impossible so we were forced to sell it. However, we intend to do stuff like rent cabins in nice locations where we can do some filming etc. I do a bit of music recording and will be looking to put together original music to compliment the videos.

Anyway, enough of my woes, I have been enjoying watching your vids, great stuff and a good choice in music.

1 Like

Hi Geoff, Thanks again for the kind words…

Ouch, never good to face that disease, well done for doing so and remaining focussed on a positive future…

We have looked at camper vans, but living in Manchester it really isnt viable for us to travel all the way up and down to Scotland, cheaper for us to rent a cottage atm - although I think when we retire to Scotland we may convert a van for overnight and short trips away, it would be our 2nd vehicle, whereas atm we both need cars for work…
I play th NA Flute - badly of course - and want to reach a point where I can use some of my own music on the video’s, so am interested in your own setup and music, please feel free to share some with us on the forum…

Hey @Jiffie you don’t need to travel far mate, Fife is stappit fou of gorgeous scenery just waiting for your lens. And then just a few miles and minutes north you have my stomping ground in Perth. You don’t have to travel far, just get out and do it :+1: