Aerial Photography

How do you find the bracketing on Mavic ? Can they be adjusted ? I haven’t drilled into that on my Mavic yet so don’t know if they can. I’m just getting so so results putting bracketed raw shots through Photomatix .After upgrading my Mac I had to shell out for a more recent version of it and I can’t say I’m delighted with it.

1 Like

I much preferred the merge on Lightroom to be honest.

Photomatix could be a bit hit or miss with images from mavic.

With my MP I wasn’t convinced it was exposing them correctly when set to 5 image but seemed to work ok on 3.
I would get 2 or 3 out the 5 with same exposure and it seemed to confuse the software.
Checking the exif the shutter was changing but the histogram was identical between shots.

Not tried bracketed shots on M2P yet.

1 Like

And it can be adjusted but not a lot.

Off the top of my head I think you have 0.3 and 0.7 steps.

I think I usually used 3 shot 0.7

5 shot 0.7 in theory should be better but I couldn’t get it to work right. My understanding was it should be -1.4, -0.7, 0 , 0.7, 1.4 but that didn’t seem to be the case.

2 Likes

Thanks @callum that’s great … not just me then. I was getting better results from a 12meg cannon years ago than MAvic Pro today. Need to keep plugging at it.

1 Like

Cheers gents
sorry I haven’t had time to respond this weekend, I have been cleaning rubble from my garden and into the skip as we are doing a house extension. I have been aching too much to even consider coming onto Grey Arrows.

Lots of great advice , and I really appreciate everyone’s input.
I will go with the factory settings and see what i get from that.

1 Like