Airport charging for permission to fly in FRZ? Allowed or?

In fairness to Blackpool, all my dealings with them have always been painless. Granted thet want a weeks heads up , but apart from that they have been easy to deal with.

1 Like

As way of an update.

The original poster has commented to say that the airport in question has “backed down” as it is “out of hours”.

Will be interesting to see if they change their policy, I am going to plan a flight for some point in the future and see what the response is.

I hope I’ve posted this in the right section, I know I won’t be flying in an R157 but the part of the form, which I will post below showing the question, would anyone know if I still have to put my bank details in on this form, or is there a fee for flying in this FRZ would anyone know, I only ask as I’ve never done this before & did not find my answer on google, any thoughts welcome, if not no probs, cheers

Have you read that form Kirky mate?

It says:

On receipt of the pro-forma invoice please arrange for a bank transfer direct to the bank account of London Heliport Ltd and provide a remittance to confirm. Bank Account Sort Code 20-65.82, Account Number 63053598

If they send you an invoice, you’ll need to pay them at that point.

2 Likes

Why do i cynically think some small airfields suddenly see pound signs when they hear of this innovation…

1 Like

Ah right yes, I read that yesterday, they’ve pdf’d me 3 forms, I’ll read back through them as I’m not sure if I have to fill out all 3, as they all look the same but I think one may be different, so I’m also guessing it will be one of those prices on the form.
Sorry for the over looking of that & thanks for high lighting that.

This is against CAP722C not that they or the CAA care.

Yep my bad, all 3 forms say the same, sorry for posting the above, however whilst on the subject of fees, I never knew about fees until yesterday.
Thanks

Thats because its against CAP722C but while most sponsor’s do the right thing some like London Heliport, London Oxford and the Port of Dover think they can do what they like.

1 Like

Well, it looks like that’s out the window then, I could maybe understand if I was making money, which I’m not, by the time I’ve paid for fuel to London & back, possibly congestion fee & or parking fees, plus maybe whatever they may charge, just for fun Na, they can stick it !

1 Like

Personally, and having seen how busy that place can be with choppers below 400ft (they find it difficult to land/take-off without), it’s not somewhere I’d contemplate trying to fly - whether or not they charged and made life a little diffiult.

2 Likes

I actually thought too myself, with my little knowledge let alone someone who is advanced it could be quite difficult, also add on how easy myself sometimes get things wrong or don’t understand, or run before I can walk, is also why I’m stepping back from that, I couldn’t live it down if I messed up, so back too the basics, at least for now anyway, better too be safe than sorry.

Been drafting this for a while now. Not sure it will do much but feel free to retweet it especially the one with the senior dft civil servants/mp’s or the airports themselves.