Alfreton Hall 3d

Alfreton 3D

6 Likes

Great variety of shots. Well done!

3D ?

Do you have a model viewer link?

I don’t want to get into an internet argument, but want to ask out of curiosity, did you use a sky replacement program with those?
The reason I ask is that it looks to me as if the buildings are perched on the edge of a cliff, and the Alfreton I know is about as far from the sea as it’s possible to be :thinking:

The background is sky.
The frames are from a RTK 3d Survey and are not photographs.
The images are taken from 1,800 photographs then stitched together with software to produce image.
i will post image of full survey

Which courses have you taken and how is it going for you so far?

GVC with CAA permissions

1 Like

Images are produced with a DJI Phantom 4 RTK using a DJI D RTK-2 Base Station flying @ 30m. This produced 1,872 photographs which processed through WebODM software.

1 Like

Do you have an interactive 3D model link … along the lines of this post? Gaussian Splats, or easy 3D modelling from drone shots - #16 by Howard

Makes 3D modelling so much more relevant to others.

1 Like

Not “interactive”. :wink:

Don’t know any of them i use Web ODM but i can post a fly thro if the posting will accept it?

Via YouTube, is possible.

I’ll confess I don’t know (yet - keep intending to drive into this dark art) how models get to that poly.cam site. Just seems a great way for the uninitiated to get a feel for the potential 3D modelling offers.

1 Like

Thanks for tagging me. I think the process is simple.

It takes a while (45 mins last time I tried) and you get back a model that can be rotated and viewed interactively.

1 Like

Giving it a go

Yes i will send some links i am now using polycam but it is limited to 150 images

1 Like

I’ve forgotten how to embed a splat, and on this mobile it doesn’t look like it will work. But this link

is to a splat of the windmill at Burnham Overy Staithe. It was made from a 2-minute Circle Quickshot video clip (@4k/30 FPS) I made this afternoon with a Mini 2.

There is a limit to what the free version will allow, and I haven’t sampled the paid for version yet.