Alloa Tower - Added to Historic Buildings in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Park in Tesco car park and it’s literally a minutes walk to the tower. I took off from the path which runs through the location. Apparently run by National Trust for Scotland, but no one was about and no one stopped me. If in doubt, you could potentially TOAL from Tesco car park close to the tower and overfly

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 06/06/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

I want to fly here @JockyB, have you got any tips or advice on where to take off from?

I took off in the park the tower is contained within, on the path. Just as I was taking off, an oldish lady on a mobility scooter came along and was quite interested in the drone. Told me her grandson would love one. :wink::wink:
Edit, I’ve just looked on Dronescene and there’s a temporary restriction in place until 14th October. You can only fly there with permission from Police Scotland whilst the restriction is in place. :wink::wink: