Alva Glen

This is a slide show of a walk myself, Janice, (my wife), and youngest son Rowan discovered last year near the town of Alva in Clackmannanshire in Scotland. It was a lovely walk with scenic views, interesting wildlife and a cave known locally as smugglers cave. We all took pictures and Janice put together a slide show video using a mixture of our pictures. I wrote the backing music a few years ago which features Pedal Steel Guitar and an Acoustic Double Bass. I did some additional work on it to use with this video.

Some info re the location.

Alva
Alva is a small town in Clackmannanshire, set in the Central Lowlands of Scotland. It is one of a number of towns situated immediately to the south of the Ochil Hills, collectively referred to as the Hillfoots Villages or simply The Hillfoots. It is located between Tillicoultry and Menstrie.

Alva Glen
The Alva Glen is a steep-sided cleft scored in the southern front of the Ochils range. This short walk up it follows a dramatic path, easy at first, which climbs up into this ravine. The upper part involves a steep ascent with precipitous slopes and ends at a viewpoint overlooking the Smuggler’s Cave in the floor of the gorge.

I was there last year when I was visiting my cousin in Tillycoultry :wink::wink:

Whilst waiting for the screen to warm up so I could calibrate it I watched your Alva Glen video which I enjoyed, the music also made me relax before the day started in earnest.
:smile:

It’s a really nice walk, quite demanding at times but enjoyable. My wife Janice put the slideshow together, she’s been learning how to use the programs and this is her first attempt, think she did a pretty good job.

I’d like to go back later in the year and get the drone up there :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks MA2flyer, glad you enjoyed it :+1: