Always someone who spoils it for everyone

Being away for the BankHoliday and staying at a large holiday park in Kent I was thinking of where I could fly tomorrow legally and chatting to others about the fact that guidelines are now in place and drones are not the problem they are portrayed as.
When would you believe it, over our heads came a drone. Someone on the site obviously did not know or want to know the rules.
I heard a number of people comment on it, and it made my argument on the legal use of drones, have no strength whatsoever.
Whoever was flying it, thank you very much, no wonder we are being regulated when you can’t even abide by the basic guidelines/regs.
All the efforts to make drones acceptable are to no effect when we have idiots like this.

5 Likes

I would have gone looking for the Wanker!.
And poked a copy of the Drone Code up his arse !.
Then invited him to GADC.

6 Likes

Sounds like I missed the induction ceremony! (thankfully!)

3 Likes

No Chris,you would have shoved the drone code,plus the drone,up his arse!!!:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Your right Tony, thought I would leave that till after the drone code had found it’s mark!.

1 Like

As someone who is very new to the community I think it’s really important for groups to find ways to influence the influencers on how educate good drone usage - I was talking to my kids the other day and telling them how literally I think they have about a 2-3 year window to learn to build and fly these little things for fun before idiots completely destroy the fun factor and the rules get super strict super fast.

I think this because the tech will advance soo quick and the speeds that something under 250g will go in 2 years will be crazy. What do u experienced guys think about this?

1 Like

Yeah, always someone who spoils it. OTH, I recently wanted to take aerial shots of my village. Went on our Community FB page, asked if ok, and got lots of support. All I was asked to do was post them on the page. Had a great flight, and lots of happy people!

2 Likes

The rules have already got strict, when you compare that only 2 or so years ago, we had no real altitude or distance to concern our selves about to much.
There were very little rules pertained towards drones alone, only general common sense.
I am glad I have had at least 5 years free flying before the prats of this world have balls it up for most of us, I should add that I have never (knowingly) broken any law in respect of flying my drone !.
I believe drones are here to stay, it just means we have stricter laws and regulations, which will come about in November.
It needs the wankers of the drone fraternity to get found out, and examples made of them, so far little has been done to show the public that the law is there now for people who vagrantly flaunt the regulations that surround us.
It only took one (supposed) drone at an airport to change it for all of us.

3 Likes

I think there’s always going to be negativity against any minority activity that seems to infringe upon the lives of the majority in any way. Take cyclists, MAMILs…, music venues, ramblers, skateboarders, electric scooter riders, dog owners etc etc… Most attacks on us is senseless raging, sometimes capitalised upon by politicians, dodgy news rags and talk show pundits. No amount of showing up bad users will satisfy them, I think we’re now part of an oppressed minority and we’ll always be on the receiving end of thoughtless grief from individuals “scared of what the world is coming to”… What to do about it? Representation and education can hold back the tide… Rebutting crappy journalism and legislation wherever possible. We don’t want another “dangerous dogs act…”!

1 Like

Yeah, what an idiot. So annoying that there are so many responsible pilots but it only takes a few people like that to give people flying drones a bad image

2 Likes

This is why when I go Flying I always carry documents with me !.
My FPVUK PLI
FlyIcarus Drone Policy
The Drone Code
Official Notification from CAA
The Crown Estates Terms & Conditions
The Crown Estates Statements Of Facts
ACPO Guidance Photographs Public Policy
Cap1763 New UAS Guidance Feb 2019
Cap 722 Edition 7 30-07-2019
Royal Parks Drones Policy.
And, if I am flying in another Country, their Rules & Regulations !.
They are more or less , permanently in my flight bag !.

3 Likes

Do you have all that as a helpful PowerPoint that you can do as an impromptu open air TED talk for curious passers by?? :movie_camera::mortar_board:

I have not as it happens,but, who the hell would want to watch a Powerpoint presentation in a location that could be in the middle of “next to nowhere”?.
Apart from having to carry yet another electronic device to present it on
(assuming your drone is air borne at the time of asking)?.
Is there something wrong with people reading them on laminated paper?.
I really do not see the point of that exercise.
All the Relevant Documents are available for “Full Members” in the “Member Only” Area of the Forum (GADC Members Information Pack)

1 Like

I was thinking you could mount a picoprojector on the bottom of the Mavic? Better protection ratio AND one less piece of equipment…?

Add to that a small but powerful loud speaker reciting the drone code in an Orwellian monotone and I deff think you’d get people’s attention?

1 Like

Can sort that for you !.

@tom.at.rye, You also need to remember that some of these documents are rather big !.
One is 136 pages long ! (CAP722_Edition7_30-07-2019.pdf).
cannot see someone wanting to read that lot !.
I keep them all on my Ipad, they wanna read it, they can !

Key points? I usually find most documents like that can be pithily summarised… “don’t be a feckin’ eejat!”

2 Likes

That’s a really good idea in my opinion! Will do something similar

Saves on paper as well !.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: