An air of excitement - Mavic Air Fly Combo purchased!

For months and months it has been on the wish list, a recent work bonus has helped tip the balance.in my favour :smile: £840 on Amazon prime with a delivery date of tomorrow. :smile:

Finding this website, and the kind welcomes over the weekend also helped me make that decision. Knowing that like minded people are about to discuss and help is very comforting. Thank you for the warm welcomes.

Feeling excited and apprehensive already and it has not even arrived :slight_smile:

Ooh and I am free to get to the Hampshire meet this weekend for its maiden flight.

#HappyOldMan :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yay!!!

No need for apprehension. If you’re so inclined, they can take off by themselves, hover on one position as soon as you release the controls, and can land themselves.

But - there’s far more satisfaction doing it yourself - and not really that difficult.

Look forward to meeting on Saturday! :+1:

(Like the thread title … I see what you did there! :wink: )

2 Likes

Recent joiner myself & first time drone owner who after much research went for the Air also. You won’t be disappointed Chann ! Without Grey Arrows it would still be in the box, I really am non tech minded & some :rofl: Anyhoo, last Saturday I got my first proper flight, so excited/amazed I had to pop a photo up. We are in good company here as you very quickly find out when you join :+1: What colour did you go for?

3 Likes

I decided on the black one in the end. Two reasons; firstly - price, it was significantly cheaper than the red and white. Secondly - my understanding is that black may be easier to see against a lighter sky.

I did like the look of a sport red though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok it’s an air you will need binoculars :grin:

3 Likes

A lobster fisherman told me years ago that black flags are more visible out to sea than any other colour!

1 Like

Yep! mine was a mere speck in seconds ! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Pity DJI don’t make lobsters :lobster: then

2 Likes

Could away add this to it Rob &Co !!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C5177BD?ref=em_1p_0_ti&ref_=pe_2443691_357295661

1 Like

Good call on the colour,the bloody seagulls keep trying to either fight or shag the white one!!!

3 Likes

I thought it was only the top shell of the Air is red, black or white, I thought they were black or dark grey underneath :thinking:

1 Like