An Awakening City - Birmingham UK, Feb 2024

A second City flight from this week to share today, an awesome surise in Birmingham on Tuesday morning this week, and a cold flight in 0C conditions from Centenary Square at 645am…

The colours were stunning, after getting ut of the shower I looked out of the window to see the pink hue on the bottom of the clouds, so rushed to get dressed and out before the sun rose, making it about 10 mins before sunrise…

Still room to improve - more practice with city flying required methinks - but overall I am happy with it and think the music works well for the subject - but what I think is only part of the story, it is what the viewers thin that matters just as much…

12 Likes

@AlbionDrones You certainly get the luck when it comes to the weather Suzanne. Brilliant footage and edit well worth missing breakfast for! :laughing: Last time I was there it was just a bloody great hole in the ground hidden.by hoarding. Only used to go for the Nandos and Star City, both being redundant after Stafford got updated with the food chain and a superb Odean Luxe. :rofl: Was thinking of going after the guitar show this weekend but … rain, rain, rain! :laughing:

1 Like

Lol, thanks, not sure I have particularly good weather luck, but I certainly take advantage of every opportunity that comes my way… Have to say it was perishing cold that morning, and being sat on a stone bench to fly left me with a numb bum, but a small price to pay for capturing the footage :slight_smile:

And thankfully, I didnt actually miss breakfast, I took the footage, returned to the hotel, packed the case and put it in the car, then was ready for breakfast with colleagues for 745am :slight_smile:

1 Like

Organised as well as talented! :clap::clap::clap: I’d have set my alarm for 0730. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Lol, I am up at 5am with hubby most mornings, as he goes to work at 8, so allowed myself a lie in until 6am, then shower, and get dressed before the possible sunrise flight

1 Like

Looks pretty good to me. Just wish I had captured it.

1 Like

Thanks Mark… Having the opportunity is half the story to capturing things like this… I was there for a night, so one fairly easy chance to capture it if the sunrise was good. But unless I was staying there, then the opportunity would have been much less sure, I would have had to leave home at 5am in order to get there, and with no real idea as to whether the sunrise would manifest as wanted its a game of chance…

Another fantastic video. Love watching your work, they’re all so inspiring.
Thank you Suzanne.

1 Like

Thanks Richard… Glad it was enjoyed and that you found it inspiring, tbh if I can do it, then I truly believe that so can anyone :slight_smile: