Another Parish Council Question

And him racing round on a quad bike isn’t a nuisance. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

What fun! I would certainly ask the Parish Council to state clearly what land is in their ownership, as it’s entirely possible that the land is actually owned by the district or country council.

Legally it’s all more straightforward than is sometimes made out: if they own the land, then they own the lower airspace, but they don’t control flight within it. Flight that is high enough not to cause a significant nuisance is not trespass. Someone standing on their land while flying a drone without their permission is a trespasser, and their only legal recourse is to ask them to move off the land. If that person is on a public highway or public right of way, they are not trespassing, and the Parish Council have no rights to take action.

As you’ve already suggested, the simplest approach is just to make clear that any policy preventing over-flying has no legal basis and would not be enforceable unless bye-laws were established to support it.

1 Like

Who said anything about a quad bike… :eyes: (are you in the Facebook group? :joy:)

Yeah I intend to for my own benefit at least, would the best way to do this be a simple straight up and ask them or do I need to go down a FOI route?

Go the FOI route, makes more work for them and it has to be done in a timely manner.

Maybe ask for a copy of their data policy first, just to shit them up

*I deal with foi requests on a daily basis and know what a ball ache it is

1 Like

Ooh interesting… Wonder when that was last reviewed!

1 Like

No but I searched and found the thread and looked to see what sort of pillock he is, and his posts speak volumes.

1 Like

Haha fair play :joy:

‘Dimebar’ comes across as a total bellend

Ive had a geek on your Parish Councils website (quiet day at work)

The following makes interesting reading, if brief

Also from the meeting minutes held in July 2017

ii. Members of the Facilities Committee recommended that the Parish Council
should have the following resolution regarding Drones/Model Aircraft “that
Drones/Model aircraft are not flown on Parish Council land and that this
recommendation should be taken to Parish Council for approval”. Current
advice from NALC Solicitor was that legislation was evolving regarding
Drones/Model Aircraft. A more detailed policy might need to be written when
further information was known. Once the statement was agreed it could be
added to the website and put up on adjacent noticeboards to Dawson Field.
Cllr Steele proposed that the sentence be amended to say that “Drones/Model
aircraft are not flown on or over Parish Council land or property except by the
emergency services or with prior written permission from Danbury Parish
PC 16
Council”. This was seconded by Cllr Baker. There were ten in favour and
one against.
RESOLVED: that the wording was amended to read “Drones/Model aircraft are not
flown on or over Parish Council land or property except by the emergency services
or with prior written permission from Danbury Parish Council”

Yes very brief, I had literally copied the entire “policy” in my original post, all four lines of it… :man_shrugging:t3:

At least the NALC solicitor got something right about needing a more detailed policy!

@milkmanchris Take a look at the thread now… :fishing_pole_and_fish:

Has someone been liking your comments and angry at dimwit bars. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

They have been :eyes:.

It’s a tricky one, because at the moment from my knowledge the only applicable legislation here if someone was to shoot down a drone would be the Air Navigation Order, but the likelihood of a successful conviction I think would be very low? I am not aware of anyone being prosecuted in the UK for this. (Probably due to the lack of firearms).

Maybe I’ll recommend that he reads part 10 chapter 1 and identify himself how his actions may look in the eye of the law.

1 Like

As before proper bellend

3 Likes

So not only does he want to shoot vacuum cleaners out of the sky he doesn’t like loud exhausts passing his house.

Proper NIMBY.

I’m bored at work and could troll him all day :wink:

3 Likes

Is this the one who who says he just started a new job as a test pilot for NASA??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Please do,could do wiv a laugh… :+1: :+1: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I think that should read “test pillock” for NASA. I’m sure I read somewhere he was a Hit Man for the Jelly Tots. :grin:.

1 Like