Any clubs near Nottingham

I’m new to all this, flown RC aircraft for years but never drones
Looking for photography biased clubs near Nottingham - I’m just north of the city

1 Like

I hope you find someone near Chris.

Welcome to the forum.

@shane9377

Don’t know about clubs but there are a few of us local to the area. I’m in Chesterfield and couple in Sheffield and the afore mentioned Shane9377 is Chesterfield area too

1 Like

Iam in Chesterfield . Not a club . I also spend time in Mansfield on a regular basis .

I’m Nottingham/Mansfield. Just joined my loxal model club for access to a field for testing and general flying. No photo angle though. You might need to join a photography society for that. Some of them have ariel sections.

I’m based near Mansfield as well, would be nice to fly with a few others at some point.

We could meet up sometime if this f$%%$ng rain ever stops.

2 Likes

Love to meet maybe a pub somewhere
Thinking of the Mavik zoom but love to hear from experienced droners

Not sure I count as experienced

I have a few open areas to fly and shoot some good footage and get your camera skills sorted .
Just give me the nod. Mansfield or Chesterfield .

Everyone is more experienced than I am. Flown big model aircraft for years but new to drones.
It’s more the photography challenge that I’m into - Mavic Zoom or Pro - not sure which to get yet.
Need a chat with a droner (if that’s a proper word) who knows. I’m guessing you can’t loop a drone

Not a stabilised camera drone, but the little racing units can loop just fine.

1 Like

I’m a long-standing modeller moving into drones too.

Thanks a lot. I have to go abroad for 6 months but will definitely be in touch when I return.

Cheer - Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris

I’m based in Ollerton and take my drone abroad with me when I can.
Doug Cooper

Yeah - might be useful at some point to scrape all the Notts lads together for a note-comparing session.

Count me in too! Im just outside Retford:+1:

I often meet up with you guys from time to time . Mansfield / Chesterfield . Just drop me a message for a meet up . I can share my little knowledge of photography and drone flying . Flown most things from power ed models to super fast slope soarers and real light aircraft … and having worked as ground crew on Boing 737/300 800 and 757/200 …

1 Like

What club is this? Would me great to have a place to practice!

1 Like