Anyone been to Willington a late?

I was just looking at @gunja99 's profile and I’m gonna have to ask…

What’s a “Pepsi Max Drone” :thinking:

I have visions of Karl’s beer can drone, but with tins of Pepsi Max instead :exploding_head:

A load here and Oscar Liang recommded it. Quite common in the FPV hobby should try it!

Still my hero… The power rings at willington and the noise…

Think I brought it to the big meet last year. 6s powered of course

Lol I wasn’t wrong then. Brilliant :smiley:

Think I did a build thread… Hardly flies tbh more a hover drone!

Im good, 6s all the way for me just no power in 4s

Yeah get 6s is easier as can recover (my AoS is lovely), but hey maybe one day you’ll get the skills

Drains the wallet faster :+1:t2: they give your wallet a higher C rating :rofl:

Yes wow having bought a load this year… Eeek they do. But then when you have a pile of busted vistas guess you can easier afford 6s

Maybe one day or I could purchase and Dji fpv :wink: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Guess if you got care refresh save you a lot on your repairs. Though it’s unforgiving so I hear. Only got it as was a cheap way to get the goggles. Rarely fly thr potatoe

I went 3 times last summer. Once when andyrc and a bunch if his mates were there, parked next to the farmers field spent hours there, no issues.

When and where is this security situation? I was gonna go this week but I’ve been busy, bit gutted to hear it might not be as accessible as prior.

Thanks

So, if they see you flying they will kick you off.

The office is on the west side of the towers, so stay on the east side and they won’t see you.

There is no house at the farm buildings. The farmer does not live there so will only see you if working that area. Plus he has no power to kick you off so don’t worry about him.

just came across this series from 2015, episode 2 on willington

1 Like

Using an Octocopter is kinda overkill for some of those buildings. But that series makes me wonder if Camelot is still there.

I know someone did an infiltration of Alton Towers, I think last year and flew a drone around. The video was on YT for a bit, but turned into an epic whack-a-mole with it being taken down, reappearing in a few accounts, getting taken down, reappearing, for a while. In the end I think they uploaded it to 100’s of accounts and altered the video enough to make it massively hard to take down. I’ve seen it in video lists on several accounts.

I did a read about Camelot as I was wondering too (I am fairly localish and was looking for a nearby bando or something interesting to FPV with the avata)… seems that most of the rides have been removed and the largest one was taken down last year

maybe some buildings left… maybe needs a recce… :face_with_monocle:

n December 2020, bulldozers were on site, demolishing a number of the structures that were considered unstable, including the iconic white castle entrance.[20]

By July 2021, the park had been dismantled and demolished, albeit having been crumbling away and damaged several times by arson and vandalism since the park’s closure in 2012. Parts of some of the rides and pieces of the park still stand on the site, though in February 2020, Knightmare, the signature ride at the park, was dismantled after being standing and left in the elements for eight years.[20]

Oh well it was worth the research.