Anyone in the NW with the DJI FPV Kit?

That’s what I thought! :rofl: -

RSSI would be great :+1:

I’ll bet v2 of the Air unit has GPS.

Well - as a quick update - the install is on pause at the mo - the Air Unit won’t stay on for more than 30s, it’s overheating - the temperature is incredible - It’s still in 25mW mode with the 4 channels. Even with a high speed fan pointed right at it - it won’t stay on! Aaaargh the wait is killing me! Just waiting for UnmannedUAV to get back to me :+1:

Yea definitely something wrong if it’s getting that hot. Got a pic of the wiring?

The temperature is unreal!

I took it off the quad - so I could do some bench testing - There was only 4 wires to connect, (as I’m sure you know :wink: :+1: )

Power was across the power pads on the ESC, (with a capacitor already in place), and the TX & RX were connected to UART 3. It worked fine - auto starting the recording when I armed - it just wouldn’t stay connected for more than a minute - I only noticed it was not staying on yesterday :frowning: .

I’ve tried it with a 2s, 3s and 4s - same result. And that’s with me using a fan to try and cool it down. :man_shrugging:

It can’t be right - I knew it got hot in use but not so hot I can’t touch it!

1 Like

And obviously - the Antennae were attached properly :+1:

I meant Unmanned Tech Shop :man_facepalming:

Well, after not hearing anything from the seller, I’ve plugged it all back together - even with a fan blowing directly on the air unit it won’t stay on for more than 30-40 seconds - and it has the
‘Low-Power mode. Unable to record videos’ message on the screen - which according to DJI mean it’s overheating. This is still in CE mode :man_facepalming:

1 Like

That’s concerning for anyone looking to upgrade to digital, not there yet myself but no many are, the thought of switching out so many quads and other parts is too daunting…:grin: