AOS EVO 3.5

anyone built and flying an AOS EVO 3.5?

I was looking at a 5 but have settled on a 3.5 (I think).

wondering what motors and battery you are running?

(I settled on the 3.5 as I don’t intend to run a GoPro, and will be using an O3, wanted something a little smaller (lighter and quieter) but still nippy and gapable than the avata or DJI fpv)

like the camera resolution on the avata, not too keen on the FPV hence 03. it’s about the flying more than the cinematic or YouTube clickbait.

tips or suggestions welcome.

I like my 3/3.5s. Seems to be a good spot for size vs performance.

This offering…

… is kitted out with Xing 1405 3100KVs, so they should be a sound choice. The Xings on my 5 have been reliable and robust.

I built a Grinderino recently. It’s a cracking frame.

Whatever you go for be careful with motor screw spacing. 3.5" is where you start to get both 9mm and 12mm used… I had to get a new set of motors for the Grinderino as one the spare ones I had did not fit.

Hi @robertspark, did you start building/build a 3.5" in the end? Similar to you, I’m thinking of building a 3.5" using the AOS 3.5 V5 frame with the hopes of having something sub-250g that is reasonably good for some FPV freestyle flying.

no, not yet, fiddling about with a wing at present. I will come back to the 3.5" at some point.

1 Like

Yes… Didn’t see it today, how far off are we?

PS. On topic I love love love my babyhawk 3.5, but since upgrading to HDShit I’ve only flown it once. 3.5 is a great size. Fly 850mah 4S. Be cool if you can keep an O3 down to under 250g.

I was hoping to come up but got caught up with a list of Christmas tidy up tasks (remove lights, remove tree, move furniture around etc etc… (dji) batteries were all charged).

still got a little bit to do on the wing (couple of connectors to make off from memory and a bit of soldering and general tidy up). then the inav basic setup to just get it in the air.

1 Like

Well let us know. Will come to assist! Another wing friend haha