App help

Can someone advise me please. I’ve read on here about an app which has to do with drones, thing it begins with “L” costs about £22. I’ve got a play store voucher for £25 burning a hole in my pocket. Can some one give me info on it and if its worth it. Thanks

Sounds like Litchi?

3 Likes

Don’t use it myself.
Presume it is Litchi

2 Likes

You beat me to it, must have both been typing at the same time

3 Likes

Can you use with dji spark? What it for, any info greatly appreciated

1 Like

Did you look at the link I posted Mike? :blush:

1 Like

Yes you can use it with the spark. My mate has it and he loves it. Personally I prefer to control my craft rather than have it set off into the great unknown.

2 Likes

Yeah. As its all new, still trying to get my head ro
und things Thanks for posting link tho pal.@pingspike

It takes a bit of planning. I was just reading about a bloke slagging off DJI cos his drone flew away and DJI said it was user error so wouldn’t replace his drone…well when his flight logs were examined, it turned out he was using Litchie on a waypoint mission. He programmed the waypoints, set his height to 100 feet. Completed forgetting about undulating terrain…so as his aircraft flew on it’s autonomous mission, the ground started to rise until his aircraft was only 50ft above the ground at that point, and it ran slap bang into a tree. So there’s a lot to think about and be aware of.

2 Likes

Don’t think I’m gonna bother with it… yet. Still learning how to use dji app. So gonna leave it for now. Thanks everyone tho

That’s how my “mate” lost my Mavic Air into a pine forest in Scotland. I showed him how to run Pix4D Capture but he didn’t consider the height of the mountain slope on his flight path, with APAS disabled it flew sideways into a tree never to be found!

1 Like

If he’d got the heights wrong and Object Avoidance was enabled - there wouldn’t have been an issue … as proven here …

An idiot with Go4 has more chance of crashing a drone.

2 Likes

A wise decision. Get used to flying your aircraft, get used to the Dji app. And only buy/use Litchie when you are ready to competently programme the waypoint mission into your drone, and watch it fly off by itself into the wide blue yonder… hopefully to not hit anything, suffer a low battery or other failure and return safely.

2 Likes

Blooming heck! What pessimism!

2 Likes

Lol. I just wouldn’t want upwards of a grand pissing off into the wilderness by itself.

3 Likes

Nor me - and I genuinely believe that for many that’s less likely with Litchi than it is with Go4.
I’ve seen incidents with Go4 that would never have happened with Litchi.
Litchi doesn’t get confused over right/left/forwards/backwards depending on which way it’s facing … by far the biggest cause of incident with drones.

1 Like

Let’s face it. In the year+ I’ve been on GADC I’ve seen plenty of honest individuals report that they’ve trashed their drones to varying extents through one kind of mistake or another … but I don’t recall any of those being whilst using Litchi?

1 Like

Always tick the “relative to ground” box in Litchi.
Then It takes care of rising slopes and hills all by itself.

3 Likes

It’s probably all relative. For every Litchie mission there will be most likely 10 or more times the number of piloted flights using the Go4 app and human input/error as we know is responsible for 99% of the crashes and flyaways that are reported.
The bloke I’m referring to in an earlier post didn’t admit that litchie was running, tried to blame the drone, but his data/flight log proved otherwise. Obviously human error again forgetting to click terrain avoidance on the app or failed to turn on OA on

1 Like