Are there different "versions" of Adobe Lightroom?

I’m full of questions tonight!

I’ve recently paid the £9 ish subscription to Adobe Lightroom CC (v2.2.1 is says on Mac) and its great and all, but apart from edit masks which are awesome, its fairly similar to most other editors.

However… when I google things like how to merge bracketed exposure multi-shots into one photo, I get you tube vids showing how to do this in Lightroom but I never have the same options on my version. In fact mine appears rather basic, and doenst have a merge photo option.

Am I missing something? Do I not have the full-feature lightroom experience here? Am I not paying enough??? :slight_smile:

Answered my own question…

https://www.adobe.com/uk/creativecloud/catalog/desktop.html

YES - There are TWO versions of Lightroom it seems! Lightroom CC (Creative Cloud) and Lightroom Classic CC (the one with all the features I wanted!)

1 Like

Did you just go for the LightRoom subscription? For the same price you can get the Photography subscription which also includes PhotoShop CC but with 20GB storage instead of 1TB. Apologies if you were already aware of this
Regards
Brian

2 Likes

I took the photography subscription which luckily includes both, but I was unaware of the Cloud vs Classic versions of Lightroom! Now I have both as both are included in the photography package! Thanks!

1 Like

I started to use the CC version because of the mobile version but now I use the classic version most of the time.

1 Like

Not sure if you have seen this Glenn / @Longstride but the latest update for the CC (cloud) version of LR now has

The Lightroom CC Ecosystem has also been updated with a whole host of new features including:

• HDR Merge (desktop only)
  • Panorama Merge (desktop only)
  • Targeted Adjustment Tool for Tone Curve, Color Mix (HSL) and B&W Mix
  • Clipping Warnings (desktop only)
  • iOS Shortcuts (iOS only)
  • Find Photos NOT in any album (desktop only)
1 Like

Cheers @BrianB