Argos Leading The Way

There has been so much talk about the need to take the online CAA test to continue legally flying our drones. One point that was made a number of times by members was the need for companies that sell drones to the public to make anyone buying one fully aware that they would need to register with the CAA and take an online test etc.

Now at the bottom of the page on any drone sold on the Argos web page is the small print that fully explains the need to register and take the online test. I have had a look on Amazon and some other sites and I have found no mention of any need to register or take the test.

I wonder why that is the case? Do companies like Amazon fear it might affect sales? Or do they simply feel as there is no law enforcing them to do so, why should they? I am sure most of us would like to see all sellers make anyone buying a drone now fully aware of the changes in the laws here in the UK

1 Like

Think Argos are a Dronesafe approved retailer.

Should also get a copy of drone code and leaflet on registration.

4 Likes

Yet you can buy a TV with no mention of the legal requirement to have a licence.

An offence that currently carries a custodial sentence.

They could quite easily make you have to provide an operators ID before purchase, like a car dealer will ask for proof of insurance before letting you drive a car away

*and Iā€™m against the stupid registration thing

3 Likes

Yes I notice that when I nearly bought a new M-Air brand new They had it on offer Flymore in Red for Ā£800 itā€™s a while back now

I think itā€™s actually been there for some time now

Well, having just had a quick look, the Argos app says, ā€˜WARNING: See drone licencing information belowā€ and has no ā€˜belowā€™.

Amazon have a nice Fly Responsibly hazard sign and a link to a page full of info about flying responsibly in the UK and links to the DroneSafe site.

Do you work for Amazon :joy:

If just looked up on Apple mobile and got what you did and couldnā€™t find it even in the check out system

But it does show up on my IPad

Sometimes Argos move things around and itā€™s not until someone notices it then they put it right

lolā€¦ nopeā€¦ but I know what you meanā€¦ on a similar level I find it annoying how Amazon doesnā€™t show their ā€™AutoRipā€™ qualifying CDs on their apps, but do on their site (but then Iā€™m drifting off-topic now)

1 Like

Personally I couldnā€™t give a toss if they donā€™t show you have to register ! Perhaps if loads of people didnā€™t in the first place they would of done something else , bit like electric scooters you not allowed to use them on the road there is hundreds of them in london wizzing about
No one is doing anything about it
This site is getting like a lawyers forum
Just go fly ffs

5 Likes

And bad ones at that ;o)

5 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Surely A Public Forum, Chat Room, call it what you will Should be open to all types of thinkers? Of All types of intellect and with differing backgrounds that shape the way they think & feel? And perhaps more importantly can IF We So Choose Can shape ours too!

1 Like