Around Dunoon

Funny old day. Went to Dunoon to use the drones to help find a dog lost in a forest. The gorgeous dog turned up safe and sound not long after I got there. So instead of hours of 4K footage of forests to look through, I got to go any play. Beautiful place.
The Mavic 2 is insanely good in a breeze, it was about 25mph and she was rock steady.
https://flickr.com/photos/16481777@N04/sets/72157676560360157

17 Likes

Nice pictures, all that open space to fly in too :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks, it’s almost too easy, in that it’s easy to forget about developing a good technique and strategy.

1 Like

It’s a shame my one time in Dunoon was about 1 month before my first Phantom2+GoPro drone. :frowning:

Oh - wait! It was pissing with rain and blowing a hoolie … :wink:

3 Likes

Some great shots there Kev

1 Like

Nice pics, shame I’m so far away. Might have to see if the wife fancies a weekend away.

1 Like

Great photos @knewt - the Coastal Flyer badge is winging its way to your profile!

And even better news on finding the missing dog :bowing_man:

3 Likes

Definitely worth a visit. Well set up for tourism too, but in a quaint way, not a gaudy way.

1 Like

I still can’t believe how good the Mavic is in a blow. It was 25mph and still did pano shots. Incredible.

Nice to see your Dunoon pics, my home town!
I lost my P4 there into the sea last summer… Took me 2 months to find it but I eventually did with UW camera. Didnt work after that funnily enough

3 Likes

Done-in in Dunoon.

Did you determine the cause of the ditching?

Undercarriage looks OK :+1: :upside_down_face:

It just crumbled into pieces - must be the salt water! 3 props were ok but who would re use them!

1 Like

I’d have thrown it back in
Burial at sea and all that…

1 Like

You shouldn’t have put it in a bag of rice :grinning:

Great pictures I used to fish for Charley cid off Dunoon pier many years ago I never knew about drones then lol

1 Like

Charley Cod bloody predictive text :scream: