Arundel Castle - Added to Historic Buildings in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Drones are not permitted within the Castle grounds or gardens but there are plenty of places to TOAL nearby. I found a quiet location near the football ground off Mill Road which is also near a pay and display car park.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 25/10/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

I want to fly here @pcaouolte, have you got any other tips or advice?

Drones are not permitted to take off or land within the castle grounds or gardens. I walked a complete circuit of the castle through the surrounding parks and I couldn’t find anywhere to take off from which would give me VLOS of the drone over the castle. The only place that I could find was the very busy pay car park in front of the castle and a quiet area to take off from which was just outside the football ground (the markers are on Drone Scene). The whole area is busy with tourists most of the time when the weather is suitable for flying. I basically popped the drone up, flew towards the castle and brought it back down again within a few minutes. This was within my first few weeks of drone ownership so perhaps someone with more experience/bravery could do more than I did. Have fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. I know the area quite well and don’t live too far away so may just pop down and give it a go next weekend, before the castle opens to the public on 28 March. Weather permitting of course.

I hope it goes well for you. I noticed that you were not far away from Arundel. I only get to photograph that area when I stay at my sister’s flat in Bognor. At least the lighting is good on the front of the castle all year round and all day long.

Thanks. I’m new to drones so been practicing my skills ready for my daughters wedding next month. I’ll post some shots of the castle if i get them.

1 Like

I want to fly here @pcaouolte, have you got any other tips or advice?

1 Like

See above. :slight_smile:

I didn’t realise that clicking on “Add to places I’d like to fly” on Drone Scene would post this comment here. Sorry!

It’s not a problem. I didn’t know that either. :smiley: