Association of Responsible Drone Users (ARDU)

I am a reader of Drone User Magazine, and in the latest edition the editor, with his frustration of continuous anti drone press and recent BBC programme, has announced the launch of the Association of Responsible Drone Users (ARDU).

It is a Facebook group at the moment with over 1800 members. Association of Responsible Drone Users public group | Facebook
I have not been accepted to join the group yet so too really to comment.

There is a website http://www.ardu.uk/ but it is not fully operational yet.

4 Likes

This is where the CAA missed the trick entirely IMHO. Instead of focussing on whether you’re making money from a flight (which in most cases has zero bearing on the likely safety of the flight), and creating the PfCO training program that ends up costing well over £1,000 to get, they could have done a simpler training and verification programm along the lines of the ARDU idea.
It’s a nice idea what the magazine has done; I wonder if it will make any difference in day to day operations or dealing with the publc. I’m not a member of any ‘Responsible Car Drivers’ Club, but I also don’t have any speeding or other ifringement fines. So am i reposinsble or irresponsible? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Tried to access the FB group but it said “closed”