Autel Evo II 2 leak - Now not a leak!

With a green streak of Cow shit following you no doubt !.
Build a drone out of a hard cow pat?, now there’s an idea !.

2 Likes

That,s nearly as good as that feckin idiot who made a drone out of his dead cat!!! :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s the most dangerous large animal at roughly 5 deaths per annum, which is pretty much the same as the rate of deaths from bee and wasp stings. And similar to deaths from terrorism, although that goes up and down more. Perhaps all that money spent on anti-terrorism should be spent on cow control (only kidding).

On the other hand, these numbers are dwarfed by deaths from that other large animal, humans, so you’re probably safer out amongst the cows :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s get this back to the Autel Evo 2. :+1:

2 Likes

Yea I’m trying… but each time I try something crops up… cows this time, just off for another go but well away from open fields, sea shore this time with hopefully some good video to bring back and share with you all, unless a shark gets me… :grinning:

1 Like

Yes…!! loads of footage this time, needs editing as just kept recording in case I missed something or crashed… will try and do it next few days, hopefully worth waiting for, no frills, mostly in Auto mode but have tried a bit of manual… also some ground clips of takeoff etc. and Zoom up-to 8 but they only say up-to 4 retains full resolution… which it seems to do.

Thanks

1 Like

Autel use the same fucking stupid squared off MicroUSB connector as DJI :man_facepalming:

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 22.00.13

Thankfully the controller also has a full sized USB-A connector on the bottom too. But seriously, wtf is that all about?!

One of my CrystalSky adaptors arrived, can’t say I’m over impressed tbh, will fire a new thread about that in due course as you need to change the screen resolution on the CS for the Autel app. Anyway, still waiting for the Lifthor pre-order mount due later this month which will hopefully be more significant.

1 Like

But - does it fly?

2 Likes

I hope so :grimacing:

1 Like

I’ll re-word that :

“But - has it flown?”

1 Like

it probably has half-hour after he got it but likes to keep us all in suspense

1 Like

He’s such a tease…

Hi,
Yes, it has a normal size USB connector, which doesn’t do anything… all that comes out of it is 5 V for charging something, phone or tablet, no data comes out or goes in, so you cant use it for connection the controller / phone… yes, I have questioned this as have many others… the USB B squared off does take normal USB B fine, just watch out for which way round you plug in, I think the narrow edge is to the bottom… it does have data and 5V and also charges the phone at the same time which you can’t turn that off, even if you wanted to… all these questions and many more to be answered… ha-ha… it was exactly the same for the EVO 1 controller and Autel have told me the two controllers are identical.
But once you get used to these foibles you should be fine…
Cheers

I’ve connected my iPhone and my CrystalSky to the USB-A port on the controller, both worked fine mate :+1:t2:

I’ve not tried the MicroUSB port.

Blah blah blah

Make it fly already

6 Likes

Interesting… as lots of others have had problems right back to the EVO 1, I will experiment… what connector is on your Crystal thing…?

Ta

He will never fly it, let alone show us he’s flown it!

Reverse psychology :wink: :shushing_face:

5 Likes

Look into my eyes Rich…

You must get the Auto Evo 2 into the air, you must get the Auto Evo 2 into the air… :rofl:

2 Likes

:thinking:

I’ve heard Autel have enabled dodgy NFZs and it now won’t take off in the UK.

Can you confirm Rich? @PingSpike

4 Likes

Yeah, yeah, I heard this too :smirk:

1 Like