Avata Battery capacity not updated!

Hi guys, iv looked through youtube for videos, iv searched the internet, has anyone else had problems with the avata battery. Says battery capacity not updated. Iv done the steps, drained the battery to under 10% waited half an hour. Then charged to 100% waited half hour then installed. But still bloody have the same problem. HELP

1 Like

Is it a new battery?

Hi, no its the original one that came with it. Iv not switched it on for like 4months, thought with summer coming up id get some practice in. But keep getting greeted with that message

im having that problem i havnt tried the solution yet on all 3 batteries, but i think using them regularly helps as with been stored for a few months.

Are you both on the latest Firmware?

yea ive updated to the latest, but the drone aint been used for a while so i need to try it when i have free time to sort it etc

To update the battery firmware you will need to use DJI Assistant 2

Connect the drone with the faulty battery and install the latest or refresh

1 Like

So how do i update with DJI Assistant 2. I normally plug my phone into the googles and open up the DJI Fly app click update and it updates everything ?

yh it doesnt show up in the assistant, ,just the avata firmware not the battery. ive just tried it 3 times too :frowning:

The battery firmware is part of the Avata firmware, but to update the battery it has to be in the drone at the time you run the update, so if you have 4 batteries you would do the refresh 4 times

1 Like

I only have the 1 battery. And it was in the avata when i did the firmware update. Maybe i should try and refresh the firmware. How do i get the assistant 2 ? Do i have plug it into my laptop ? Then what ?

Thanks for your help guys

Then connect to USB

1 Like

yea its not a firmware issue :slight_smile: its basically not been used for an extended period so it cant get a proper read on the battery so need to drain it to under 10% then wait 30 mins then charge til full then wait 30 mins and fly basically itt should rectify it self if not then its a dji inquest

He stated in his original post that he’d already done that @Airlessmean :+1:t2:

Oh yh i know haha, thats what i need to try aswell :sweat_smile: then if persistent , it’s a DJI inquiry:)

1 Like

So, iv tried all the steps twice, and iv also done the dji assistant 2 refresh and the problem is still there :(. What is the battery calibration anyways, because the battery seems fine when im flying just that message in the googles

@Howard78 isnt this the same pop up you were getting yesterday ?

1 Like

It is mate. I’ll be updating mine once it’s had its trip to Holland for a fix.

Esc error is more of a worry for me

1 Like