Avata No GPS

Had a very strange one and not sure what has caused this.

Took off with the Avata and I am sure it set a home point - so it had GPS and looking at the logs it seems to suggest it did at that point

Here is the sharing link:

I can only think is I was standing under the tailgate of my Jeep - so the goggles / controller were under that for most maybe all the time - but surely the drone has GPS on it that feeds back to the goggles.

So my question is - was this a user issue or a drone issue ?

was this the only flight or did you try again?

I did two flights - the second one was the worse of the two - I didn’t give it much thought about standing under the tailgate as I am sure the GPS data should be on the drone and I wanted to also get my Mini 3pro up in the air for some other footage and photos - so need to maybe try again and see what happens but this time away from the my vehicle

first flight was like this - 06-01-2024 14:08:42 | General / Overview | DJI Fly log 1.0.1 | United Kingdom | Airdata UAV

Thats really strange. It’s either your theory around the tailgate is correct or the Avata needs a trip back to Holland (DJI).

I’m hoping its the tailgate :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

will give it another good mate tomorrow and see what happens - lucky the Avata is not that fussed about GPS but had I needed find my drone or a RTH then yeah it would have been needed for sure.

1 Like

It’s an expensive loss if you do manage to loose it in a tree or something.

I’d give it a hover test outside and away from the car.

If it doesn’t work then something’s wrong.
May be worth updating the software if the issue persists (that’s if you keep them up to date and unhacked )
Failing that it’s back to DJI if you have refresh or are still covered by warranty

I do have refresh so all good there - will give it another go - it recently did have all its firmware updated etc - so lets hope it was just the goggles having a fit due to the tailgate on my Jeep being open and me being under it.

Maybe it needs both Drone and Goggles to have decent GSP lock for it all to be happy. It flew fine I was just more worried that if it did fly away there would be major issues

1 Like

It’s a funny one.

Sounds like it will be fine either way